My Fitness Pal v Weight Watchers?

2»

Replies

• booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    jkal1979 wrote: »
    I used to do WW and got sick of their tracking too. It wasn't that I was tired of tracking in general but because their database was horrible and their barcode scanner didn't work half of the time. Maybe that's what OP meant.

I noticed that too, and that's another reason why I made the change to MFP.

Maybe that is what the OP meant, but I don't really think so. We'll probably never know, as she seems to have flounced.

• vivinct
    vivinct Posts: 3 Member
    I appreciate the productive comments on this thread in response to my original post. Booksand....I'm not interested in your aggressive/defensive language, or presumptions and misinterpretations, etc. Clearly you spend a lot of time here but you could do with a little communications training. I'm a corporate communications director - saying "I respectfully submit" does not erase your tone. So please, no more responses from you.Thank you.

This was the question I posed: Has anyone else here done that transition, and if so, how did you find it? Great success?

To clarify and to the points posted which were indeed productive, like many of you, I have been successful (40 mid-life lbs) on WW and have just a few to go to reach my goal. This is simply a little change up for me as WW was getting tiresome and felt cumbersome. I've completed one day and found the data compilation very informative, so it seems like a good change. I especially appreciate the huge, detailed database which includes foods and activities WW doesn't even include! And, it's free!
  • austinsneeze
    austinsneeze Posts: 220 Member
    Either way you have to track your food, points or calories. Points guides you to eat the "right" things, whereas calories kind of teaches you to figure those things out on your own. I heard a lot of people don't stick with WW, though.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited September 2015
    Viv: First of all, this is a public message board, and, unfortunately for you, you can't dictate who can/can't respond to your posts.

Second, this is not a corporate setting, so whatever communication skills you think I need have no bearing here. I work for a law firm, and if you think that I communicate with clients, attorneys, and court personnel the way I communicate on an internet weight loss message board, you're sadly mistaken.

Finally: A legitimate question. What was it about WW that was getting tiresome/cumbersome (other than the monthly fee, which I totally get). If, as was mentioned by others besides me, it was the counting of points that was getting to you, then I don't know that MFP will be much better. Sure, in the beginning it will be different, and that will be rejuvenating. Maybe that will be the kick start you need to get going again. Maybe it won't, and you'll eventually find calorie counting just as tiresome. Only you can answer that.

Cheers! :kissing_heart:
  • Mezzie1024
    Mezzie1024 Posts: 380 Member
    I think a good combo for WW to MFP converts would be MFP plus a DietBet. You pay and you weigh in, so there's accountability, and you have the chance to get your money back (plus a little more) if you meet your goal.

I have no affiliation with DietBet, but I see people from WW say they liked the accountability but didn't like paying, so it seems like a decent deal. Just throwing it out there.