CLA and Thermogenic supplements. Anyone use this? If so is it any good?

Options
my overall goal is to drop fat and tone. I've been eating clean and working out and I just learned about CLA and how it helps aid in building lean muscle and cutting fat and Thermogenic is an energy booster. I'd like to know if anyone takes these supplements and if so what was your experience with it. Thanks!!

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Waste of money.

Only CICO works for fat loss.

Clean eating is an arbitrary term and does nothing for weight loss.

You're not going to build muscle in a caloric deficit.

• markackerman408
    Options
    I take two CLA a day but also try to watch what I eat. Have no idea if it works
  • bekah818
    bekah818 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    Conjugated Linoleic Acid works well for improving the muscle mass composition ... of lab rats; for humans the results are not notable.
    For any supplement, Examine.com is pretty good at detailing the actual scientific evidence for or against it:
    http://examine.com/supplements/Conjugated Linoleic Acid/
  • elga_thres
    elga_thres Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    It is hard to judge if those fat burners really work. We have to take into account their food and workout. Sometimes when people invest a lot of money in supplements, they want to get results,so they pay attention to what they eat and make sure that they workout. They ultimately reach their goals. We can't pick fat burner as the single factor that makes them succeed.

If you want to be motivated that way, you can take fat burner, but it's not necessary. It is also expensive and loaded with chemicals.
  • bekah818
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    Conjugated Linoleic Acid works well for improving the muscle mass composition ... of lab rats; for humans the results are not notable.
    For any supplement, Examine.com is pretty good at detailing the actual scientific evidence for or against it:
    http://examine.com/supplements/Conjugated Linoleic Acid/

Thanks! I'll take a look at it!
  • bekah818
    Options
    elga_thres wrote: »
    It is hard to judge if those fat burners really work. We have to take into account their food and workout. Sometimes when people invest a lot of money in supplements, they want to get results,so they pay attention to what they eat and make sure that they workout. They ultimately reach their goals. We can't pick fat burner as the single factor that makes them succeed.

If you want to be motivated that way, you can take fat burner, but it's not necessary. It is also expensive and loaded with chemicals.

Very true. Thanks for the input!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I took Thermobol and CLA for around 3 months (This was a few years back now, I have since learnt my lesson!) :]
    There are quite a few people that claimed to have success whilst using these products and I'm sure they did, but how do we know it wasn't solely down to the good old calorie deficit? I lost weight whilst using these products - a healthy rate. I lost weight whilst I wasn't using these products - a healthy rate. So my advice would be, save your pennies and carry on doing as you're doing!

(I also felt sick, jittery and had heart palpatations whilst using both products so even more of a reason to steer clear!)