2»

Replies

• stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    You don't need to eat a single healthy food item to lose weight.

But of course that wasn't OP's question. She said she's eating a mostly healthy diet but wants to know if it's an issue to go a bit over sugar/carbs/protein. I don't know why people always default to this notion that people are wanting to eat unhealthy diets.
    They don't. That's something you invent in your head,

We've had this conversation before. If you'd just stick with what is actually written instead of things you (or others) have invented, you'd be less confused about these non-existent notions.

Just stick with what is actually said and it all gets much easier.
    No one eeeeeever equates eating some non whole foods to eating nothing but hamburgers and twinkies. No sir, that never happens, ever. It's all in our heads.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

But of course that wasn't OP's question. She said she's eating a mostly healthy diet but wants to know if it's an issue to go a bit over sugar/carbs/protein. I don't know why people always default to this notion that people are wanting to eat unhealthy diets.

This. OP specifically asked about a small treat in the context of a mostly nutrient dense diet and at least two people in this thread made comments like above, "you don't need to eat a single healthy thing to lose weight" and "calorie restrictions are all that matter, sure you can lose weight by eating nothing but processed junk but if you're concerned with long term health then it matters what you eat".

Why even bring "junk" or "processed" foods into the discussion when the OP didn't?

Oh wait but it's @lemurcat12 who needs to read more carefully...

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

We've had this conversation before. If you'd just stick with what is actually written instead of things you (or others) have invented, you'd be less confused about these non-existent notions.

I would give you the same advice.

OP asks about eating a generally healthy diet vs. cutting out all treats and you go on about how you can lose eating an unhealthy diet but it's not good for you and you will be hungry.

Unless you are suggesting that OP is wanting to eat an unhealthy diet because she is interested in including some treats or occasionally goes over her sugar, what does the stuff about the unhealthy diet have to do with anything?
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options

I would give you the same advice.

OP asks about eating a generally healthy diet vs. cutting out all treats and you go on about how you can lose eating an unhealthy diet but it's not good for you and you will be hungry.

Unless you are suggesting that OP is wanting to eat an unhealthy diet because she is interested in including some treats or occasionally goes over her sugar, what does the stuff about the unhealthy diet have to do with anything?
    The OP asked two questions.

1. Does it matter what you eat?
    2. Does it matter if you exceed protein/sugar/carb goals as long as you're under your calories?

Then the OP asked for thoughts.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    And so you chose to opine about some hypothetical situation not applicable to OP where someone is eating absolutely no healthy food.

I see.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    And so you chose to opine about some hypothetical situation not applicable to OP where someone is eating absolutely no healthy food.

I see.

No, see, that's in your head. I didn't say that or even think it. That's something you have invented.

Carry on. I'm done with this.
  • lulucitron
    lulucitron Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Go ahead. I eat chocolate and two cookies every day. As long as I stay in my range I'm fine and I also work out pretty much daily.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options

I know. There's never any subtext, other meaning, or passive implications in anyone's writing.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,418 Member
    Options
    .... I eat a lot of fruit and healthier dessert alternatives (organic almond milk chocolate pudding as an example) and with all the fruit I consume I am almost always over my allotted sugar amount for the day.

Yup. I eat very nearly no added sugar. Specifically, I commonly eat 2T all-fruit spread at breakfast (a whopping 30 cal total, but it contains apple juice concentrate as its 2nd ingredient, so that's 'added sugar' ;) ).

I'm always over MFP's basic sugar recommendation because of (unsweetened) milk products and 1-2 servings of fruit. I'm not worried about it, and don't see why you should be either.

Oh - and I've lost 40 pounds since mid-April. If you're at/under goal calories, and logging accurately, you'll lose weight.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I am just curious. I eat mostly healthy but sometimes I get a sweet craving and indulge in yummy dessert but I am always under my calorie goal. Does it matter if I got a bit over my set Sugars/Carbs/Protein as long as I am under my calorie goal? I have read several things on it and there are mixed feelings. Curious what you all think!

What you are describing won't make a difference in fat loss.