How to scan food into My Fitness Pal

Options
I want to learn how to scan food / data into My Fitness Pal on my phone or computer. I have the Android Barcode Scanner on my Droid Razr HD phone and also My Fitness Pal on my desktop.

I also need to find out how to sync my phone with the desktop.

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    First - you need to have the MFP App on your phone.

Then on your phone when you go to enter a food (using the app) - next to the search entry there is a little button with a barcode - push that button - then scan the barcode of the item.

They phone should sync automatically with your desktop.
  • kailiekline
    Options
    What is the MFP App that I need to load onto my iPhone to scan food items into my daily diary?
  • Early_Riser
    Early_Riser Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    The MFP app that you need...is just that... Type My Fitness Pal into google's play store.
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    What is the MFP App that I need to load onto my iPhone to scan food items into my daily diary?

The barcode scanner is part of the MyFitnessPal app. Just search for the MyFitnessPal app. When you have it on your phone, the barcode scanner is next to the search box where you would search for a food to add to your food diary. The MFP app also has your friend feed, you can update your weight from it, things like that. You can't access the forums from the app, though.
  • msienkiewicz
    msienkiewicz Posts: 14 Member
    Options

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/mobile/iphone

also for Android
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/mobile/android
  • Dudley1963
    Options
    when I scan an item, it shows up in French, even thought it is scanned in English, sounds like a setting, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to change it. Any suggestions?