system reset

Is it possible to reset your account and start fresh??

Replies

• CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    It can be done, but depending on how much data you have added to your Food Diary and Exercise Diary, it could take a couple of hours to delete everything: one-by-one on the Web version and multi-delete by day on the mobile apps.
    Please see these articles, and search for other helpful articles on the MFP Help pages...
    https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/374439-how-do-i-delete-an-entry-from-my-food-diary-
    https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1027187-how-do-i-delete-an-entry-from-my-exercise-diary-

Within some limitations, there are a number of workarounds to trick the software into either hiding unwanted data points, or showing data in a way that you want it to display, such as keeping your historical date/weight data but "resetting" your weight loss ticker by entering a new starting date/weight at least one day older than the oldest date/weight. See the below instruction and use Alternate C to do this "trick."
    You must use the Web version, not the mobile apps, to update your starting weight or edit previous entries.

Navigate to APPS > Tickers > Update your weight data. Enter your desired starting weight and click Save Changes. That will update the oldest date/weight in your profile.

Alternately, navigate to MY HOME > Check-in > Edit Previous Entries.
    a. Enter a new value in the Starting Weight text box and click Change; or
    b. Scroll down and click on the highest page number to take you to the oldest date/weight entry. Once you find your oldest date/weight entry, under Add New Entry, enter the new date/weight and click Add New Entry. That will replace the oldest date/weight with your new one.
    c. If you want to keep all of your historical data, Add New Entry at least one day older than the oldest date/weight.

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    You could just deactivate your current acct and start a new one but you'd lose all your entered foods and such by doing that