Best method for gaining weight and losing bf%

Options
What is the best diet for gaining weight and losing body fat at the same time?

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    You can't. The two goals conflict with one another.

Gaining weight requires a caloric surplus. Losing body fat requires a caloric deficit.

One or the other.

Or recomp... but that's pretty darn slow.

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Be exceptionally genetically gifted. (You may have to change your parents to achieve that!)

stronglifts.com/how-to-build-muscle-while-losing-fat/
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    You can't. The two goals conflict with one another.

Gaining weight requires a caloric surplus. Losing body fat requires a caloric deficit.

One or the other.

Or recomp... but that's pretty darn slow.

This
  • shirleygra
    shirleygra Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I would have thought a small calorie defecit, or none, while doing weights and getting plenty protein in support of muscle building. The small defict and/or weights will lose the body fat while,the bigger heavier muscle will increase your weight. Even if you dont want big muscles, you still want more muscle than fat. The extra weight lifting will increase or create calorie deficit. The dificulty is working out the right calories. It's better to take time to work out the right calories as you increase excercise. I lost half my body weight, 7 stone over 2 years and now have experimented with calorie numbers to maintain 7 stone for a year. So I now know i need only 1500 calories a day to maintain weight with my current fat and muscle composition. The next year is about putting on a stone in muscle. It will take that long to keep adjusting calories as i increase exercise and as i gain more muscle which will use a few more calories. Hope this makes sense. I am still experimenting.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    shirleygra wrote: »
    I would have thought a small calorie defecit, or none, while doing weights and getting plenty protein in support of muscle building. The small defict and/or weights will lose the body fat while,the bigger heavier muscle will increase your weight. Even if you dont want big muscles, you still want more muscle than fat. The extra weight lifting will increase or create calorie deficit. The dificulty is working out the right calories. It's better to take time to work out the right calories as you increase excercise. I lost half my body weight, 7 stone over 2 years and now have experimented with calorie numbers to maintain 7 stone for a year. So I now know i need only 1500 calories a day to maintain weight with my current fat and muscle composition. The next year is about putting on a stone in muscle. It will take that long to keep adjusting calories as i increase exercise and as i gain more muscle which will use a few more calories. Hope this makes sense. I am still experimenting.

thats called recomp and it takes a long time.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    lots of drugs (srs)
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    lots of drugs (srs)

aka gainz juice
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    Options
    Your answer:

Constant cut & bulk cycles relative to TDEE, combined with adequate protein intake and a proven weightlifting routine designed for a steady progression of new muscle synthesis.
  • moonfruity
    moonfruity Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I believe the zone diet is the closest you will get, with plenty of weight training added in.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    What is the best diet for gaining weight and losing body fat at the same time?
    Funhouse mirrors.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    moonfruity wrote: »
    I believe the zone diet is the closest you will get, with plenty of weight training added in.

the zone diet has nothing to do with adding muscle and losing fat at the same time.