Starting insanity Monday!

Options
I'm starting insanity Monday!! Anyone wanting to join me?!

Replies

• grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    I'm almost done with week 3. It's one of the toughest workouts I've ever done, but it's definitely worth it. Two pieces of advice:
    1. Watch your form. If you find yourself losing good form, slow down or take a break. Don't feel like you have to keep up with the people in the video. They are professionals (a spinning instructor, a marathoner, etc.) and even they have to stop at times. There's no shame in it, and doing the exercises with poor form wil probably get you hurt.
    2. Take body measurements and pictures before your start. I didn't think I had made any progress at the end of the first week, but when I compared the pictures, I was shocked at how drastic the difference was. Those pictures are what give me the motivation to push play each day.

Good luck.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Monday, just finished the 30 day shred and been saying if I really finished it this time I'd do Insanity, so eee!!! I'm nervous but know I can do it :)
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I'm almost done with week 3. It's one of the toughest workouts I've ever done, but it's definitely worth it. Two pieces of advice:
    1. Watch your form. If you find yourself losing good form, slow down or take a break. Don't feel like you have to keep up with the people in the video. They are professionals (a spinning instructor, a marathoner, etc.) and even they have to stop at times. There's no shame in it, and doing the exercises with poor form wil probably get you hurt.
    2. Take body measurements and pictures before your start. I didn't think I had made any progress at the end of the first week, but when I compared the pictures, I was shocked at how drastic the difference was. Those pictures are what give me the motivation to push play each day.

Good luck.

Great tips, I will be taking photo's and measurements for sure :)
  • Clawson528
    Options
    I have 2 weeks left.. Love the workout.. I can't believe I stuck with it but I feel so much strong.. Good luck to you.. PS.. Dont give up after the warm up.. it gets easier after the first 10mins at least I thought so.
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I started this week and just did day 4 and I have to say it's as bad as everyone says! :laugh:

But if you push yourself and get through it (doing things to your own limits, not to those in the DVD) then you'll feel a great sense of accomplishment afterwards. As well as the pain, that is!

Good luck and add me if you like. :smile:
  • The_New_Christina
    The_New_Christina Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I also have 2 weeks left to finish. Then I will take a break from it while doing something else for two weeks and then I want to do another round :-)