everyday changes

Options
alehundrah
alehundrah Posts: 156 Member
So I have started losing weight and I must say I am happy. I still can't see a difference in the way my body looks however every time I weigh myself I get more and more excited because I'm closer to my goal weight. I am not excersizing as much as i should but I have noticed that the small changes that I have made really make a difference. I no longer eat chips, I try not to eat out, I dont eat bread and try not to eat tortillas. Whenever im craving something I eat it. I think this is the reason why I haven't given up. I don't deprive myself. I eat what I want just with moderation.

Replies

• vanessadsilva
    Options
    this is soo much like me,,eating in moderation :)
    Yes, the goal weight is a bit far but what makes us happy is the changes we see in our body , arms and waist :D , keep us going.
    I wish you all the very best for your journey..
    Welcome the new beautiful
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    So I have started losing weight and I must say I am happy. I still can't see a difference in the way my body looks however every time I weigh myself I get more and more excited because I'm closer to my goal weight. I am not excersizing as much as i should but I have noticed that the small changes that I have made really make a difference. I no longer eat chips, I try not to eat out, I dont eat bread and try not to eat tortillas. Whenever im craving something I eat it. I think this is the reason why I haven't given up. I don't deprive myself. I eat what I want just with moderation.

I love that moment where you realise that you can do it this time because you don't have to say no to the things you love. unless what you love is eating a barrowload of junk in one go I guess!

I was lucky - saw scale results fast - but the NSV (Non scale victories) like what you mention above are toooooootally what keeps you going when the numbers don't cooperate with you!
  • alehundrah
    Options

I love that moment where you realise that you can do it this time because you don't have to say no to the things you love. unless what you love is eating a barrowload of junk in one go I guess!

I was lucky - saw scale results fast - but the NSV (Non scale victories) like what you mention above are toooooootally what keeps you going when the numbers don't cooperate with you!
    Yes I agree. I think a lot of times people fail because they deprive themselves of everything and give up. I know this happened to me a couple of times. I would go through stages where I would exercise and eat healthy for a couple of days or weeks then give up and end up gaining more weight. I feel like this time I am actually going to do it because although I do count calories and try not to go over, I dont say no to the things I want to eat. I always think about it though. Like ill say "Is this really worth the cals" and most of the times I eat if only if im really craving it.
  • alehundrah
    Options
    this is soo much like me,,eating in moderation :)
    Yes, the goal weight is a bit far but what makes us happy is the changes we see in our body , arms and waist :D , keep us going.
    I wish you all the very best for your journey..
    Welcome the new beautiful
    Thaanks!!! I'm definitely looking forward to start seeing changes in my body. The only thing that I notice is that my double chin is not as noticeable but other than that I don't see any changes. I think that once I see changes, I will be even more motivated.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options

Yes I agree. I think a lot of times people fail because they deprive themselves of everything and give up. I know this happened to me a couple of times. I would go through stages where I would exercise and eat healthy for a couple of days or weeks then give up and end up gaining more weight. I feel like this time I am actually going to do it because although I do count calories and try not to go over, I dont say no to the things I want to eat. I always think about it though. Like ill say "Is this really worth the cals" and most of the times I eat if only if im really craving it.

Yes! The last time I lost weight it took me 3x as long to lose the weight I've lost this time (18 months vs 6 months) and last time I excercised obsessively but ate stupidly (not enough cals!). This time I eat my cals and exercise if I can be arsed and i'm down 19kg in 176 days. 6 to go! This method has also helped me kick my self-starve ED - it's gold!
  • royvor
    royvor Posts: 271
    Options
    That is awesome. You are embracing the new normal you have made by trading in the old habits for newer healthier ones. Keep up the great work girl. All the small changes add up and you are seeing it. :smile: