I can't do this alone again.

Options
Hi everyone, my name is Serena, I am a 21 year old college student.
Although I have been on MFP before in the past, this will be my first time reaching out to people on here to build a support group.
Three years ago I did reach my goal weight of 130 and was able to maintain it for about 6 months, but because of college and life, I have not been leading a active lifestyle and my weigh has been creeping up and is at 150 currently. Before,
I did not have a support group, and was able to achieve my goals alone, but it was honestly very lonely to have no one to encourage me. I love to encourage other people and would love to have friends on here that are encouraging!

Replies

• jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Hi Serena! I'm happy for you to add me but our lifestyles and ages are quite different but I do remember what it was like at University! I actually lost weight back then though because I was so busy that I would often forget to eat, and so poor I couldn't afford much! :smiley: But if you need a friend I'd be happy to act as your cheerleader.
  • Serenajeans
    Serenajeans Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request! :smiley:
  • valzoka
    valzoka Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey Serena! I am here if you need to talk! :) i also have a pretty busy schedule and it's quite hard to keep up with my calories intake. But i am not giving up! Like today I packed my own food (not eating at uni) hard to count calories when it's not homemade food. Anyways, stay strong! Take one day at a time ☺️
  • vegangela_
    vegangela_ Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hello Serena! I'm a student too, I'll add you :)
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    It's always a good idea to have support around you when going through a process like this :]

People think weight loss is as simple as calories in, calories out - which physically it IS. But there are all sorts of mental struggles that can come with weight loss that science can't explain and so it's vital to have support and understanding around you if you can. Since being a member of this community, I've learnt so much about what is happening to my body and I've found so much genuine support. The people here really are wonderful. I hope you'll find it useful here. Wishing you the very best of luck!
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request! :smiley:
    Yay! Hope I can help. Feel free to message me if you're struggling!
  • animexlove96
    animexlove96 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm a student too! I've added you :)
  • RocSmith79
    RocSmith79 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hey I got your back! I have lots of knowledge, ask me anything.