Should I throw out or donate my old baggie clothes?

Options

Replies

• MargueriteMuguet
    MargueriteMuguet Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Off topic: thanks @earlnabby I did not know that. I will pack a bag of socks for various shelters from now on.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Off topic: thanks @earlnabby I did not know that. I will pack a bag of socks for various shelters from now on.

I didn't either. underwear is also a very needed item at homeless shelters, children's especially. I wouldn't be surprised if you can get some at the Dollar Store too.

• SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Donate Donate Donate don't look back!!!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    donated. my fat clothes were ugly and dumpy and frumpy. what i wish i had done is kept all my cool thinner clothes!
  • joshuasheldon
    joshuasheldon Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I got rid of my old stuff off and on the past 6 yrs and always wish I didn't because in those 6 yrs of this life style change I went up and down at time's I went from 235 plus down to 156 give or take I did this fast so it messed with me mentally then I started over exercising restricting and got down to 138 wich obviously I wouldn't be able to maintain have had many ups and downs and took me 6 years to get where I am now I did go from 138 back to around 160s at one point> Well anyways I wish I would have had the clothes from when I was 160s to 130s because I spent alot of money to buy clothes back while I got on track.
  • fairykelly13
    fairykelly13 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    DONATE! Someone else can use them :-)
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I belong to a weightloss support group, as well as on here. Its called TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly). There are chapters in every state. We bring in clothes we have transitioned out of and to put it simply...someones fat clothes are others skinny clothes...everyone is at different parts of their journey. I would give it to them :-)
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Donate. I did keep 1 pair of pants as a reminder of where I was and will never return.
  • FunnyFit
    FunnyFit Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Donate! If you have anything that would work for job interviews or work, try finding a great women's shelter to give them to so they go directly to women who can use them right away :)
  • jessicarobinson00
    jessicarobinson00 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    It is time to CLOSE THAT DOOR!! I actually just did this. I do not want to leave myself a crutch to go back to. Congratulations on your huge loss...donate those babies and move on!
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to sell what I can on eBay, 'cause a lot of my old clothes are in almost brand-new condition (heck, some of them ARE brand new with the tags still attached!) and I just don't have the money to buy all the new stuff I need. I went from a 14P to a 4P so I need *everything* new, including very expensive items like winter coats and suits. Even if I don't make a ton selling on eBay, every little bit helps.

Anything that I can't sell, I'll likely donate. When it comes to that. But for now, I'm hanging onto everything in the closet of my spare bedroom, not because I'm afraid I'll re-gain the weight, but just because I'm trying to be patient and see what sells first.

(Wouldn't it be awesome if MyFitnessPal had a clothing swap mechanism where you can find someone with roughly your height and previous size to take your old wardrobe off your hands, and in turn, they can pass their stuff to the next size up, and so on and so forth?)
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Donate or sell your old clothes! :)

I always keep a few old pairs of jeans in case I'm having a low self esteem day. I like to step into them and see how HUGE they are on me and it instantly reminds me of how far I've come!
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    I like to donate to charity when I have clothes no longer used/too small/big...BUT...I'm really bad for this...I still have size 0 clothes from 15 years ago, just waiting for me to suddenly fit into them again...and I also still have size 14 dresspants hanging in the same closet...again, just waiting for me to explode again. I'm down 78 lbs, but still feel like I'm much bigger than I am, and that any day now it could happen. LOL!
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    I like to donate to charity when I have clothes no longer used/too small/big...BUT...I'm really bad for this...I still have size 0 clothes from 15 years ago, just waiting for me to suddenly fit into them again...and I also still have size 14 dresspants hanging in the same closet...again, just waiting for me to explode again. I'm down 78 lbs, but still feel like I'm much bigger than I am, and that any day now it could happen. LOL!

I was really bad that way too. I kept my smaller clothes for *years* after gaining weight, letting them sit there at the back of my closet in hopes I'd one day fit into them again.

Well. I did fit into them again. Briefly. Now they're all too big on me.

So much for that plan.

• AntonVan74
    AntonVan74 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've lost 85lbs so far and I sold what I could in eBay and gave the rest to goodwill. I feel by having those clothes around gave me a reason to go back. Now it's more incentive to keep on trucking.
  • Digbysmom
    Digbysmom Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm gathering up my coats and suits and donating them. I went from an 8 petite to a 2 and my old clothes are just hanging off me. I don't want to keep anything as after 255 days I now have a new relationship with food. Besides it would be hard to see them in my closet when I know someone could really use them.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I donated mine as I figured there was always someone who could use them.
  • unrelentingminx
    unrelentingminx Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I have lost 3 dress sizes so anything at the bigger end has been donated to charity. Keeping them 'just in case' in my mind is me giving myself permission to get bigger again and I don't want that. So I've gotten rid of them all.
    I am gradually replacing the clothes that are one size bigger with clothes in my new size (cheaper that way) but I think I will probably keep one t-shirt, jumper and jeans from that size for days when I'm feeling particularly bloated or just want to slouch around in some baggy clothes.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    Options
    I've donated most of my baggie clothes. There's no reason for me to keep them around.I know there's many others that will need them so trashing them isn't an option for me unless they were in bad condition.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    heck yes! :smiley: I couldn't wait to make room for smaller sizes :smiley: