Just getting started

This is it the start of my weightloss and health journey.

I have been extremely overweight for close to 13 years now and have been living in denial about my weight but also the health issues I am starting to experience due to my weight. I am a busy working mum with a very successful career in HR I am driven and a real achiever when it comes to my work.

My weight and health on the other hand is shocking now my teenage has started to replicate more poor eating habits.

Why is it at one of my most happiest and chilled times of my life my weight and health is completely out of control and I am the biggest I have ever been.

I have decided this is it discipline and focus is the name of the game.

My question is how do people who have little or don't like to exercise still manage to lose weight.

Replies

• kahuku
    kahuku Posts: 19 Member
    Right on. You are taken ng the first step to get fit and healthy.
  • vegangela_
    vegangela_ Posts: 154 Member
    When I started to lose weight I just focused on what I was eating. I hate exercise so it would have been too overwhelming trying to adjust my eating patterns as well as exercise. Start with little changes, change the way you eat, then start to introduce healthier habits like taking the stairs, walking/riding instead of driving, etc.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Congratulations on taking the first step to a healthier and happier life :]
    Sometimes that first step can be the hardest so just by you writing that post - you're making a great start.

You don't need exercise to lose weight - a calorie deficit is sufficient. As long as you are accurately tracking your food and measuring whatever necessary whilst keeping to that deficit, you'll lose weight. You may find once you become more comfortable with the process, that you'll want to slowly introduce exercise anyway as a way to keep your heart healthy. Your body will thank you for it but again, not 100% necessary to get to your goal.

Wishing you the very best of luck here.
  • mystics01
    mystics01 Posts: 7 Member
    Thank you so much for the words of motivation appreciate it! :)