I'm 1 lbs away from my goal - now what?

Options
I expect to reach my goal weight by the end of this week. I have considered losing a couple of extra pounds as Christmas is just around the corner. But my question is, how do I maintain my weight loss? Do I cut back on exercise? Increase my calories?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    eat more. if you have been losing at a rate of around 1lb per week, then you can eat around 500 extra cals per day, if your loss has been about 0.5lb per week, then around 250 per day.
  • thintribe2014
    thintribe2014 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, if you've been a deficit to reach your goal is possibly, sensible to slowly transition back to your maintenance and monitor every couple of weeks. Sometimes referred to as reverse dieting
  • rfarm004
    rfarm004 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry too much about increasing calories, the holidays tend to give you ample opportunity for extra food. Continue to use myfitnesspal and change your weight goal to maintenance. Congratulations on your weight loss!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    You do what you're doing now only you get extra calories to enjoy, depends on what your loss was set at - 1/2lb = 250 cals, 1lb = 500 cals a day more.
    Congrats on your loss :smile: