anyone training for a half marathon and using garmin connect?

Options
im wondering if there is anybody out there with similar goals who uses the garmin connect software? I am currently running 2/3 times per week (will never be more than 3) about 4 miles each time midweek, with an aim to increasing my sunday runs over time, which last week was 7 miles. Would be nice to have some people to connect with and be a bit competitive with. My half marathon is next april.

Replies

• 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I am not training for any races but I try to run 20 miles a week so that if I ever decide to just run a half marathon (which sometimes I do) I would be ready. If that offers you something to compare yourself against on a weekly basis feel free to add me - same id as MFP.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I have a 10k in November, a 10k in February and a half in May....?
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I have a half marathon in April too! I'm on Garmin Connect, same username.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I'm working on a 10k now and will be moving forward to a half after i finish this zen labs app.
    though now i am layed up and can't run much

faithenfire1
  • pearshapedmum
    pearshapedmum Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    thanks for the responses :-) when I next get on my home pc I will see how to add people. it will almost be like having real running friends!

@TavistockToad - do you actually live in Tavistock?!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    thanks for the responses :-) when I next get on my home pc I will see how to add people. it will almost be like having real running friends!

@TavistockToad - do you actually live in Tavistock?!

No, I'm in Yorkshire, I used to live on Tavistock Close, that's where the name came from!
  • Abakan
    Abakan Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm training for a half next month and one in December , I also use Garmin and would love more running friends. so feel free to add me.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Not training for anything, but a healthier longer life, and am using Garmin Connect to log and keep track of my 4.3 mile run walks. Walk a quarter mile, jog three quarters. Average 12:30 per mile that way. Available, under those conditions, if anyone is interested.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I'm currently in training for a Ragnar trail run (15.5 miles total over ~24 hours) on November 6 and a half marathon in January. Username on Garmin is the same as here.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I have both garmin connect and strava. Most folks are more social on strava. There is a way to automatically sync your runs from GC into strava. And there is an MFP group on strava.

https://www.strava.com/clubs/myfitnesspalclub

Just let @KeithAngilly or @DonPendergraft or @ZenInTexas know if you don't get accepted right away. They run that group.

Might also help to be a part of the Long Distance Runners group on here:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/94-long-distance-runners
  • Kadi82
    Kadi82 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I will be shortly. I'm just coming back after an injury so starting small but planning on a half in April. Same username
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I'm on Garmin Connect, same user name. My half marathon is a Monster Dash on Halloween. I'm considering adding a second one either Oct 10 as a warm up, or the last Saturday in November as a follow up.

Feel free to add me but I'm unlikely to get into the social part of GC since I'm already here and have just started Strava.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    I'm on GC, same username, but I never use the social features there, preferring instead as many others to have GC upload my runs and rides to Strava and use that as a social hub. The social aspect of Strava leads GC by... miles, mostly because of the much larger user base since it isn't device specific.

My user profile on Strava: https://www.strava.com/athletes/mwyvr

I'm training for a trail half+ right now and expect to move on to full trail marathons and eventually an ultra if I haven't come to my senses by then, which is certainly possible.