So, as I sit here drinking.......

Options
KarlaH9801
KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
I have been soooo good. Taking my weekly party nights to once monthly drinking nights......how do my MFP pals cope with reducing their alcohol consumption? I have gone from too much beer to a few vodka shots. Any one else?

Replies

• BrittanyMegan88
    BrittanyMegan88 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Same here, I was always drinking tons of beer or rum on the weekends but now I drink a few ounces of vodka instead (few actually meaning anywhere from 5 - 13, haha). Not as shots though, I have to mix with water. I can't handle taking it straight!
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Ok. It is soooo late here. I Never drink soooooomuch. Ok, maybe I do. Good Night My Fitness Pal.
  • traumaticthrash
    Options
    i usually drink twice a week. and would opt for vodka or whisky shots only, no beers! i just got back from a week holiday so been on the booze! time to get off it haha.

but thats part and parcel of training for me :) i train hard and then give myself a treat now and then.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    I love me some beer, but I usually only partake about once a month. Partly, I just don't have the constitution to throw down the way I used to anymore, and partly there are fewer opportunities. I can usually budget extra calories for a night out when I know it's coming, and there aren't too many spontaneous parties at this point.
  • Fab30s
    Fab30s Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I love dry red wine. I used to drink a bottle 2-3 times a week and sometimes more on friday and Saturday nights out. I also used to partake in a beer and bbq roasted pork tradition on Sunday evenings. However, I have not been losing weight even though I eat clean and workout atleast an hour everyday, so I am trying to cut out alcohol for an entire month to see if that makes a difference. I don't think I've gone a month without having a drink since I started drinking 10 yrs ago. I figured even though it doesn't help me lose weight, I owe it to myself to see that I am not alcohol dependent. So far am just staying in on the weekends, it's hard coz I get hella bored, but I am worried I will have the urge to drink if I go out. Good luck and wish me luck too.
  • rachso
    rachso Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I've upped my alcohol this week. But that may have to do with me being on vacation. Normally I buy a 6 pack of wine coolers and drink 1-2 every 3 mos or so. I get the one pack to last pretty much all year. I NEVER drink beer as I cnt stand it. But since coming to Jersey I've had 3 glasses of wine at my MIL's and I think 2 with my SIL up in NY. Def met my alcohol quota for the year in a weeks time. I'm certain when I get back home I'll be back at my usual consumption of not that much. It has nothing to do with MFP, though looking at this weeks logs you'd think I increased my intake. LOL
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    Lol, I save calories throughout the day so I can have a beer... or five. Depending on what kind you get, they don't actually have that many calories in them. Obviously more than vodka, but it's not terrible.
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I have gone from drinking a lot all the time to limiting it to a small amount of drinks (not all the time anymore) and trying to work it into my calorie deficit, or at least only slightly over.

Yesterday was the second night I drank heavily since my lifestyle change (the first being my graduation), though there have been others where I've had one or two drinks and my progress hasn't stalled.

I haven't really wanted to drink as much either honestly. I still want to go out occasionally and when I do, I try to plan for it as much as possible. I want to both enjoy my life (and have foods and drinks I love) and lose weight. It doesn't have to be one or the other.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    I have intentions to behave with my alcohol intake some weekends, and then the captain starts seducing me. I probably look like an alcoholic some days, because I log it :blushing:

Honestly, I punish myself the next day by working extra hard at the gym. It's amazeballs with a hangover. And then work outside in the sun, weather permitting, making sure I sweat out all the alcohol still in my system. Im sure if someone were to lick me, they'd have an immediate buzz from all the booze seeping out of my pores.
  • bornofthorns
    bornofthorns Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I just went out and had a good time last night. The truth is that you just need to be accountable. Make yourself look at the calories and all of that stuff. I used to hate dieting because it made my life suck. I am determined not to do that this time. So I do things like go out. Then the next day I do a good work out and drink lots of water to get myself back on track. Way better than beating yourself up about having friends and then getting depressed and gaining 10 lbs.