Almost derailed by peanut butter bars last night.

Options
So I don't know if I passed the test or not. I went to a birthday party last night and they had these incredibly yummy peanut butter bars. Luckily they were cut small. I had a couple and stopped. It was one of those….”step away from the table and put your hands up situations” I have lost 25lbs since I started (about 2 months ago I got extremely depressed and said Enough!) Actually, 15lbs since I started logging. I lost 10lbs a started to realize I was not able to continue to lose weight without logging. I still have a long way to go but I am committed to this....I have to be. Anyway, I stayed within my calories yesterday (due to a preemptive workout)...I knew they would have freaking goodies. Back on the horse today! I can do this!

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Awesome job using moderation. FTW!
  • kathrynjean_
    kathrynjean_ Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! I had a similar thing last night ... I just found these super tasty ice cream bars at the grocery store (they are vegan, as am I, which means that good "ice cream" like products are not easy to come by) and ate one for dessert. I walked back to the freezer and was about to have a second before I stopped myself and thought, "Wait, do I actually need to eat 2 of these things?" The answer was, of course, no and it would have put me over my daily cals if I had.

These small victories are so important!

Anyways - congrats on all of your success so far! You're doing awesome. :)
  • turboscrub
    turboscrub Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You worked out, you stayed within your calorie goal AND you still got to eat some ridiculously yummy food. I'd say you definitely passed, with flying colors.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    It's hard to stop and tell yourself it's okay to stop. Congrats on stopping. Have a cookie to celebrate.
    541492.jpg
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Well done you! :)
    Moderation is key and you nailed it. Keep up the great work!
  • bukowski_shine
    bukowski_shine Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    It's hard to stop and tell yourself it's okay to stop. Congrats on stopping. Have a cookie to celebrate.
    541492.jpg

This pic could've started the greatest binge the mankind has ever seen.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    541492.jpg

This pic could've started the greatest binge the mankind has ever seen.

im tellin you....... gaaaaaaawd i love pb and chocolate....
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    Way to moderate OP!