Recommendations for high protein, high carb breakfast for very lazy people!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Bekarington
    Bekarington Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    wow! some great ideas! I love the breakfast burretos ideas! I used to make the mini crustless quiches in a muffin pan with bacon, cheese and peppers but I was worried there was too much fat and they didn't fill me for long and the eggs seemed to be slimy by the end of the week which was gross, but then I just stuck them in the fridge, didn't freeze them.

Cant cope with boiled eggs but I had wondered about wholegrain bagels with cream cheese and turkey slices? I've love to have mashed avocado too but I worry it would go brown by lunch time!
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Bacon egg cheese sammich on toast

Breakfast that will stick with you for a hot minute
  • hamlet1222
    hamlet1222 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I just compared the labels on all my cereals, All Bran wins for protein, with 14g per 100g - plus you'll never suffer bloatedness or constipation!

I add whey protein powder to porridge, for speed and convenience.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Bacon Sandwich (cook the bacon in the oven - it crisps to perfection and you don't even need to stand over it whilst it cooks)
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    For 325 calories, 6 fiber, 16 fat, 28 carb, and 21 protein without cooking: Whisk 110g plain Greek yogurt, 2 Stevia packets (OR 8g sugar, which brings your cals and carbs up,) 32g natural peanut butter in a small bowl. Dribble in a teaspoon or 2 of water and fold it in until you like the texture, then with a spoon fold in 15g Grapenuts cereal and 20g of banana chunks. (I cut back to 28g of peanut butter, and tweak the Grapenuts down when I want to have under 300 cals for breakfast. If I want higher cals and protein, I add 10g of protein powder.) This is also my favorite dessert as well.
  • Bekarington
    Options
    how do you get away with a bacon sandwich?? seems a calorific breakfast to me. do you have any spread/sauce? what sort of bacon/bread do you use?

something like that would appeal to me as I don't like bananas or peanut butter! :(
  • kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Mug o' eggs- one egg, tbs milk, diced ham and wedge laughing cow cheese. Mix in a mug and microwave until done.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Poached eggs on wholemeal toast is my favourite breakfast and keeps me full til lunch :smile:
  • hevans120786
    hevans120786 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I love my oats with a half a banana, a scoop of protein powder, and some peanut butter...I get carbs, protein and fat and it's delicious!
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    how do you get away with a bacon sandwich?? seems a calorific breakfast to me. do you have any spread/sauce? what sort of bacon/bread do you use?

something like that would appeal to me as I don't like bananas or peanut butter! :(

Smoked streak bacon is my fav - lots of protein and healthy fat. Use real butter (not sunflower spreads), and some nice soft white bread.

High in protein and carbs - with some yummy monounsaturated and saturated fat to boot.

Probably around 350 cals.

_62825994_97978466thinkstock.jpg
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    I had instant oats with protein powder mixed in yesterday. It was amazingly good.

I eat this every morning. If you want extra carbs, add some fruit. Extra fat, peanut butter.
  • southhamptonmike
    southhamptonmike Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    1scoop of vanilla protein powder, 1 cup of frozen fruit, 1 cup of almond milk, 1 tbsp of ground flax seed, 1/2 cup water.
  • meganmickmeow
    meganmickmeow Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of dry cottage cheese. It's also called farmers cheese or quark in some countries. I eat it with eggs and salsa and roll in up in a big burrito (or two small ones) it's super easy and full of protein. 125 grams of the dry cottage cheese has 22 grams of protein and 110 calories. The big wraps I use have 180 calories and 30 grams of carbs.
  • meganmickmeow
    meganmickmeow Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add that it's super easy to make. Sometimes I microwave the egg, then add it to the rest, takes only a few minutes
  • TinyTexn59
    TinyTexn59 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Put a squeeze of lime in that mashed avocado and it won't go brown.
  • Bekarington
    Options
    TinyTexn59 wrote: »
    Put a squeeze of lime in that mashed avocado and it won't go brown.

does that actually work, I know when I have half an avocado in the fridge the only thing I've found that stops it going brown is to put it in an airtight container with chopped onion.