Cardio + Weight training

Options
jnknzxD
jnknzxD Posts: 55 Member
I've signed up for the Tough Mudder event coming up in September, but I haven't had the will power to work out. I've tried a few times to get into healthy eating and all that but I've struggled so much.
I've bought some weights but I find myself giving up after a set... It's not that I don't want to do it, I just can't seem to push myself to do it more often...

With Cardio, I can sprint but I can't do a long distance run (Tough mudder is 20kms long).... After a short run I feel like I can't breath properly and I just want to stop.. What can I do to conquer all these things that are stopping me from exercising harder..

Replies

• Kr1ptonite
    Kr1ptonite Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Maybe find somebody to train with and help you push though. Look for something that motivates you to want to work hard. Thats what i use to always do. Surround myself in things that push me to reach my goals.
  • jnknzxD
    jnknzxD Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    That's a good idea... I would say my boyfriend but he's gone through a big mental illness thing and he hasn't been motivated himself.. x_x
  • Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    You can start here. http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

It's the couch to 5k program. It also helps to have the right running shoes and stretch before running.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Are you afraid that you will work as hard as you can, and still fail at your goals...so you don't do the work, that way you know you will fail, but you didn't give it 100%, so somehow it's ok?
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I've signed up for the Tough Mudder event coming up in September, but I haven't had the will power to work out. I've tried a few times to get into healthy eating and all that but I've struggled so much.
    I've bought some weights but I find myself giving up after a set... It's not that I don't want to do it, I just can't seem to push myself to do it more often...

With Cardio, I can sprint but I can't do a long distance run (Tough mudder is 20kms long).... After a short run I feel like I can't breath properly and I just want to stop.. What can I do to conquer all these things that are stopping me from exercising harder..

don't sprint! You need to make yourself run at a slow and steady pace if you're planning on running so far. I found running slowly and for long distances really hard as I was a sprinter when I was younger. I used to run the 200m hurdles and I was fast. I have had to seriously retrain the way my legs move and slow it right down ... it took me months to run a significant distance and if you're giving up before you even start .... well, that's not good news

You need to decide to do something or be something and then... do it

No matter how long it takes.

Start slowly
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I am far from an expert but if you're not doing it already...

Music music music, and the faster the beat the better. Find your rhythm to beat and get lost in that instead of focusing on what you're doing.

A lot of what exercise is is mental...push, and don't give up. Good luck. c: