Chai Fruit Pots

Options
inezbruce
inezbruce Posts: 110 Member
xq0dc9lx4l2w.jpg

- Blend 1/2 Banana with 1/2 tsp vanilla essence and milk.
- Stir in Chai seeds and refrigerate
- Blend remaining banana with chosen (frozen) fruit
- Layer on top of refrigerated mix!
- Top with fruits/granola/seeds/nuts!

Less than 200 calories :)

Replies

• maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Looks delicious but find it difficult to believe it's only 200 cals :/
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    How much milk - is vanilla essence the same as vanilla flavoring?
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Chia seeds are 120 per TBS. A medium banana is roughly 105 calories. Skim milk is roughly 10 calories per ounce (2 TBS). So without the add-ins you are already at a minimum 235 calories.
  • inezbruce
    Options
    I used a nut milk! Yes vanilla flavouring/essence do the same thing!
    There is 2 bananas split between 4 large pots :) The exact amount of calories is 177 per pot!
  • inezbruce
    Options
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Ok, you really didn't give clear directions, sounded like it was one serving. I love chia seeds and add them to my protein shakes, and yogurt. Be careful what you top it with because the calories/sugar/fat will vary greatly depending on what you kind of nuts, seeds or granola you use. :)
  • Justifier
    Justifier Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but your instructions are unclear. You need to include the amount of each ingredient you are using and how many servings it makes. You say later that it makes 4 servings, yet your picture shows only 2 (maybe three if there's one peeking out in the back). People are disputing the amount of calories because you don't list how much of the most caloric ingredient you use! If chia seeds are 120 calories per tbsp, then you definitely should say how much you used.
  • inezbruce
    Options
    Wow this is just a friendly input, there is no harm in asking politely for more instructions; negative attitudes are not helpful at any time of the day :) I strongly believe a few calories here and there in a healthy diet are not major. Plus they are positive energy inputs not negative!
    My ingredients made 4 large pots but will 100% make 8 normal average size portions. I used 1 heaped tbsp of chai.
  • Justifier
    Justifier Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    inezbruce wrote: »
    Wow this is just a friendly input, there is no harm in asking politely for more instructions; negative attitudes are not helpful at any time of the day :) I strongly believe a few calories here and there in a healthy diet are not major. Plus they are positive energy inputs not negative!
    My ingredients made 4 large pots but will 100% make 8 normal average size portions. I used 1 heaped tbsp of chai.

No one is trying to be negative here. Your recipe looks delicious and we just want to know how to make it! A lot of us like to be as precise as possible with our calories since that's a lot of what the MFP program entails.