Cheat Day

Options
miaxnavarro
miaxnavarro Posts: 9 Member
What would you guys normally eat on your Cheat day? My birthday is coming up and we are eating out. Is it okay to pig out for a day or two then go back to working out and eating clean?

Replies

• TrishaMarasco
    TrishaMarasco Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Moderation is key. You can have extra calories just remember portion size. Happy early birthday.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    I don't have cheat days. Maybe cheat meals. It's your birthday so go out, celebrate and move on.
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I've had days where I ate what I wanted and paid zero attention to moderation, calories, or macros. They were days I new about in advance. I worked out a bit extra and ate a bit light the week before and after. I logged absolutely everything to the best of my ability. I thoroughly enjoyed every delicious bite. I ignored the scale when it said I gained 6 pounds, because I knew I only overate by 4000 -5000 calories. (less if you factor in eating under for a week in advance)

I don't know if you consider that cheating or not. I don't have a self imposed rule that says 'thou shalt never go about your calories for the day'.

Enjoy your birthday. Eat your favorite foods. Don't let yourself feel guilt over it. Just make sure you don't get derailed. Days like this are an anomaly, not the norm.
  • amlc1230
    amlc1230 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I cheat occasionally and I don't feel guilty for it. You have to build a lifestyle that's sustainable for you, and for most people that means occasionally being able to go out, worry-free, to have a meal or drinks or spend a day not worrying about macros.