How long did it take you?

How long did it take you to lose your weight or see a difference? How many times did you guys workout a week and what do you do? What do you eat?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    I noticed a difference in my first month. My workout schedule and what I eat won't really be helpful to you. Eat foods you like, stay in a deficit, lose weight.
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Noticed in clothes with in the first month. I still don't see in the mirror, I have to put pics side by side. Agreed with the above, you just have to find what you like/love to get it done. I eat a lot of veggies, ground turkey, yogurt, oatmeal, and I do t25 5 days a week, and walk my dogs at least 5 days a week, but usually every night for at least 2 miles, often more like 4.5. I'm flexible with how I feel each day.
  • masterloafer
    masterloafer Posts: 16 Member
    I've been going Since mid may and I've lost quite a bit but i had a lot to lose. I Started seeing a difference in about a month. Take progress pictures in the same clothes along your journey, like a bathing suit or something so you can actually see your body, and stand in the same position, same lighting, etc, and it really helps to notice the little changes.
  • Werk2Eat
    Werk2Eat Posts: 114 Member
    I was 200lb my goal was 150lb it took 3 months to lose 50lbs. I did the warrior diet https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warrior_diet and did alot of exercise and kept a calorie deficit of over 750 calories a day. Its easy to have a huge deficit doing the warrior diet. I strongly suggest nutrient supplements like whole food vitamins to keep energy levels normal.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    i lost 40 lbs in 9 months...i eat food in appropriate quantities to meet my targets...I generally ride 60 - 80 miles per week and lift 2-3x per week...i did that while losing and I've done that for two years now for maintenance...it is highly beneficial to start looking at fitness for the sake of fitness and general health and well being and not just weight loss...weight management is done far more efficiently through diet.
  • hufflepie
    hufflepie Posts: 26 Member
    edited September 2015
    My weight loss has been a bit slower. I'm down 30 lbs from this time last year. I attribute some of that to exercise-weightlifting 3x a week and running 1-3 tines a week. I attribute more to changing my diet - I eat more whole foods - paleo-ish, and switched to black coffee. I don't always keep up with my work outs as I have a crazy job, but I'm still seeing a slow decline in my weight.
  • duddysdad
    duddysdad Posts: 403 Member
    I started at 337 on 12/29 of last year. I hit my goal of 185 on 9/12 of this year. It took a little over 8 months to lose 152 pounds. Zero exercise. 1300 calories. I am 6'5, 34/M. I wouldn't recommend losing as quickly as I did, however I needed to get the weight off quickly because of health reasons. I was monitored by my doctor with monthly blood tests.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    I have lost 31lbs so far since April/May. I still have about 40lbs to go.

I noticed a difference within a month, I started working out and my body responds very quickly coming off being sedentary. Other people have noticed throughout but it's in the last couple of weeks I've had the biggest reactions even though for me the physical changes in inches are much slower now.

I look at myself in the mirror every day and mentally note little changes and every few weeks I try on clothing I know will show differences clearly. I'm at the point now that a few more pounds and nothing in my wardrobe will fit properly!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    edited September 2015
    a lot of it depends on how much you have to lose.

ive lost 70 pounds since mid/ late january. I have 50 to go and its slowed down considerably. but im still losing ;)

i workout at least 5 days a week, generally a little over an hour at the gym
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    I started losing right when I started tracking. But, I was already cutting calories and exercising before I started tracking my intake and weight. I noticed it within a week or two. My clavicle is more pronounced, veins in my forearms and wrists are more visible, shirts are looser. Normal small signs of weight loss.

I workout most days. I like to get in two 30 minute cardio sessions. Weekends, I usually just go once a day, but I sometimes do longer sessions (45-60 minutes). I take rest days when I feel like I need them. Yesterday was a rest day.

I eat pretty much whatever I like. I just do so within reason.