what did you do?

Options
How long did it take you to lose your weight or see a difference? How many times did you guys workout a week and what do you do? What do you eat?

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,177 Member
    Options
    How long did it take you to lose your weight -- started losing 10 days after I signed on here ... have been losing steadily for the past 7 months

or see a difference? -- I'm down 45 lb, almost at my final goal, and some days I still don't see a difference

How many times did you guys workout a week -- 7 days

and what do you do? -- a variety of things but mainly walking and cycling

What do you eat? -- a variety of things. I don't avoid any particular foods, except the ones I don't like

• caci88
    caci88 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    When I want to drop a few kgs it happens within a couple of days that I start to lose - and I lose between 500-800g a week usually. It only takes my body about a week to see changes - but I have a small frame. I also reduced my sodium which makes you look leaner. I workout 6 days a week and on Sundays (rest day) I walk or go for a run. On the other days I train weights 5 days and do F45 circuit on Saturday mornings. I eat anything that fits my macros. In saying that, most days are oats, protein powder, pb2, raspberries, fish or meat, green veg, potato or sweet potato baked without oil, avocado, coconut oil, olive oil and fruit... if I want to fit a treat in I do (like tomorrow night I'm having a burger!). I also avoid dairy and gluten, drink 1 black coffee per day, and don't drink alcohol. I drink 3L of water at least a day.

How about you?
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I started my journey on Feb 22 2015 at 295 lbs, I am now down to 239 lbs, I started off with short walks and Dancing to Just Dance for the Wii, now I walk between 12k to 30k steps a day. I also enjoy Zumba, kickboxing and The Beach Body Mom on youtube (love her workouts) I walk everyday and do other workouts 3 to 4 times a week. I eat pretty much everything, we love food in this house. I just make sure to keep it within my calories, but I did cut out pop and juice, drink mostly water and if my chocolate craving takes over I will have a 8 oz glass of chocolate milk, seems to take the edge off.
    How about you?
  • vegangela_
    vegangela_ Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    It took me about a month to really see a difference. It took me 12 months to lose 40ish lbs. But that was because I wasn't counting calories. I just changed from a vegetarian to a vegan diet.
    I didn't work out at first, but later started doing yoga and walking and just trying to be more active in general. Now I do yoga a few time a week and try and get out for a walk when I can.
  • skinnyforhi
    skinnyforhi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I work out 4-5 days a week, hard. I eat pretty clean but I leave room every day for high quality organic dairy like yogurt and cheese. I try to get my carbs from fruit, sweet potatoes, and the occasional (read: not every day) whole wheat bread or pasta product. I am diligent with logging. The weight started coming off the very first week, but I have also had to push through plateau weeks. I find consistency is key.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    It took me around 2-3 months to really see a difference but I am quite critical of myself, so I'm sure it was noticeable before then. I lost around 10 pounds in the first four weeks which encouraged me to continue - eventually I started enjoying the process! I work out 4 times a week (2 cardio session and 2 weight training session) and I eat whatever I want :D