Hate the decades!

Options
It seems like I lose weight like crazy from the top of the decade to the bottom, then I stall. I am currently at 140.0. If I can break through to 139.8, the rest of the pounds will drop off until I reach 130.4 or so. This has been the trend throughout my weight loss. Anyone else have this problem? Or is it just lack of determination on my part to break the next level?

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Some sort of memory bias going on imo
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    The time I experienced a stall in my weight loss ( I lost 25lbs in 3 months at the beginning of this year), it was increasing my fiber and veggie intake that made the difference. Do you track fiber?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,906 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    Some sort of memory bias going on imo

To piggyback on this - OP - how confident are you that this is a trend? Are you looking at numbers you've charted or are you relying on your memory?

• HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I have had stalls during weight loss but never one's that followed a set progression like you describe.

I don't think your body loses weight or not in this case determined by the "decade" number as you describe. It is just a fluke, coincidence or if you are relying on your memory then a bit of a fault there.

Or if you can look back and chart these stalls happening as your say, it may be worth your while checking your logging at the same time and see if you can see a pattern emerging to give you the answer you seek.

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Weight loss speeds up and slows down frequently. It's just part of a cycle & not related to the decade on the scale. Keep going!
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Why would your body react differently every 10 pounds?

Body: whoa how much have we lost?
    Fat: we have lost 10 pounds of brave fat.
    Body: dammit! We can't keep this up. Hold the line, bunker down and don't let a single pound be lost.
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Start measuring in kgs?
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    It seems like I've had significant stalls around every weight loss milestone. It's frustrating!
  • Merkavar
    Options
    katem999 wrote: »
    Start measuring in kgs?

Good point. That's like 22 pounds to every decade of kilograms.

What about stones? That's like 160kg for every 10 stones isn't it?
  • dammitjanet0161
    dammitjanet0161 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    Start measuring in kgs?

14 lbs in a stone so 10 stone = 140lbs
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    Options
    Start measuring in kgs?

10 stone is 63.5kg.

• CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I thought I was experiencing this, but I realised that I'm only realllllly paying attention to the scales when my weight is near one of those little milestones (it's wifi, so I seldom even look at the reading). Maybe you're doing the same?
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    I thought I was experiencing this, but I realised that I'm only realllllly paying attention to the scales when my weight is near one of those little milestones (it's wifi, so I seldom even look at the reading). Maybe you're doing the same?

Very likely! Thanks!
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options

This! I have this little moment of needless anxiety when I am waiting for the scale to trip under a milestone. It's psychological, not a trend or a stall I think.
  • Merkavar
    Options
    Start measuring in kgs?

10 stone is 63.5kg.

stones arent my thing. was a guess :smiley: Stones is how my mum talks, ye olde english