Encouragement? Please...

Options
Turningpage0201
Turningpage0201 Posts: 36 Member
edited September 2015 in Motivation and Support
I would love to have a fitness buddy or buddies. People to talk to, vent, help and just share our struggles and success. I have gone back and forth with this journey far too many times and i am simply tired of failing. I just wish i had a better support system and someone who can truly understand the damn struggle of being over weight. So if you need anyone to talk to, reach out. Need a support system? let's build it. Below is my current information. I'm ashamed of how much i let myself go but, I'll be damn if i let it win over my life.

316 lbs
Female
Southern California

Replies

• robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    At the end of the day, you have to find your inner desire to do it for yourself. Friends and a support system help, but if you really want it, you will achieve it. Take a look at some of the threads in the Success Stories section here. People have made major life (and possibly life saving) changes.

You aren't alone in your struggle. Just look at the people here in the same position. But you have to make it a daily priority, and part of your lifestyle. It's not just something you do when you want and get results.

And I'm not at all trying to be harsh... just being real. IF you can find a solid local support system and real life friends to join you, that's great. But you can find people here online to share in your goals, as well as just do it for yourself and by yourself if needed. Nobody can push you better than you can.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome :)
  • dani_967
    dani_967 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    keep dieting until it becomes your habit, and even if u don't see any results you will keep going because it's part of your lifestyle, once it becomes that it will get easier.
    p.s you will be healthy atleast :D
  • unigirl143
    unigirl143 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have gone back and forth myself over the years and even with support from my husband and (sometimes) my friends I had to find it within myself to change inside as well as outside. I would be happy to friend you and lend an ear. :)
  • lhtbuzz123
    lhtbuzz123 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I know your struggle! I can support you, if you can support me, add me :)

((& anyone else wanting to share, support & vent together, we all have bad days where we need to talk to stay on track!))

14.6st (Have lost weight & hope to keep losing!)
    Female
    England
  • watsonjoanne8
    watsonjoanne8 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I feel the same...i have done well. I am down 28lb but for the past month...nothing...i really need this last 14lb off and then I will be happy...
  • SylviazSpirit
    SylviazSpirit Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I'm adding you. You basically took the words right out of my mouth. I feel just like you, which us why I was looking through the posts here. Maybe we can message each other? I don't have much support here in real life so every little bit helps. I'm 29 and 277lbs. Add me.
  • edithncarl
    edithncarl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    We all need motivation from time to time. This app is great for that we can all help one another. You are all amaze balls we all could do this.
    I'm 37
    198lb
    So far 12lbs down yay!!!
  • Turningpage0201
    Options
    robertw486 wrote: »
    At the end of the day, you have to find your inner desire to do it for yourself. Friends and a support system help, but if you really want it, you will achieve it. Take a look at some of the threads in the Success Stories section here. People have made major life (and possibly life saving) changes.

You aren't alone in your struggle. Just look at the people here in the same position. But you have to make it a daily priority, and part of your lifestyle. It's not just something you do when you want and get results.

And I'm not at all trying to be harsh... just being real. IF you can find a solid local support system and real life friends to join you, that's great. But you can find people here online to share in your goals, as well as just do it for yourself and by yourself if needed. Nobody can push you better than you can.

I'll take the truth at any cost. You were honest and that is exactly what i need. I know this all too well so i am glad that i have someone else reminding me that it starts with myself. However, i just do better when i am able to relate, that's how i achieved loosing 50lb sadly the other person stopped and eventually i did too. Looking back i wish i would have confided in MFP for support rather than gaining the glorious 50 i had lost. But, no use in dwelling in the past. Thanks, for your words.

• Turningpage0201
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    Hello and welcome :)

Thx

• Turningpage0201
    Options
    dani_967 wrote: »
    keep dieting until it becomes your habit, and even if u don't see any results you will keep going because it's part of your lifestyle, once it becomes that it will get easier.
    p.s you will be healthy atleast :D

Haha right? Lets see what this nee road looks like. Thanks.

• Turningpage0201
    Options
    unigirl143 wrote: »
    I have gone back and forth myself over the years and even with support from my husband and (sometimes) my friends I had to find it within myself to change inside as well as outside. I would be happy to friend you and lend an ear. :)

Yup, truly is within ourselves! And thanks for the add (: same goes to you.
  • Turningpage0201
    Options
    lhtbuzz123 wrote: »
    I know your struggle! I can support you, if you can support me, add me :)

((& anyone else wanting to share, support & vent together, we all have bad days where we need to talk to stay on track!))

14.6st (Have lost weight & hope to keep losing!)
    Female
    England

Definitely it's a 50/50 effort i wouldn't have it any other way. Thanks so much!
  • Turningpage0201
    Options
    I feel the same...i have done well. I am down 28lb but for the past month...nothing...i really need this last 14lb off and then I will be happy...

So close yet so far. So frustrating! Things i never heard when i was loosing is imagine how good you feel loosing 28lbs. Imagine how amazing you will feel when you loose what's left. I know you can. Don't give up, DO NOT go back. I know you must have promised yourself you would never go back. Don't. Trust me. I know how much it hurts to retract rather than continue forward.
  • Turningpage0201
    Options
    MzHill08 wrote: »
    I'm adding you. You basically took the words right out of my mouth. I feel just like you, which us why I was looking through the posts here. Maybe we can message each other? I don't have much support here in real life so every little bit helps. I'm 29 and 277lbs. Add me.

I'm so glad you added me and I'm glad i could help you see You're not alone either. We can definitely msg one another!
  • Turningpage0201
    Options
    edithncarl wrote: »
    We all need motivation from time to time. This app is great for that we can all help one another. You are all amaze balls we all could do this.
    I'm 37
    198lb
    So far 12lbs down yay!!!

Thank you, so much. We sure can. So true.