weight gain foods?! help a sista out

Options
hey guys! just looking for specific foods that help gain/maintain weight? anything in general that comes to mind!!! I'd love the tips. I'm a small woman looking to just get thicker in general.

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    No foods help you gain weight in and by itself. Its a combination of foods above your tdee that allows it. But concentrate on higher calorie goods such as avocado, red meats, oils, high calorie protein bars or shakes, full fat dairy (or add dairy to a protein shake) , bagels, pasta, cook foodss in marinades (especially oil based), ice cream or peanut butter (even eating right out the jar).
  • szeu118
    szeu118 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Carbs!! Like whole grain breads,potatoes I like sweet and ofc rice
    Recently gained 7 kilos in 6 weeks lean mass
  • dani_967
    dani_967 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    ^ the ppl above said most of it
    just follow your nutrient macros and it's okay!
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    szeu118 wrote: »
    I highly doubt that.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    none, just eat in a surplus and hit your macros and micros.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Anything that will put you in a caloric surplus will cause you to gain weight. Food types don't matter, but some foods are more calorie dense than others: Oils, butter, peanut butter, creamy salad dressings, cheese, nuts-these can add lots of calories for relatively low volume of food.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    these are more for building muscle: Old-fashion oatmeal, Eggs, cottage-cheese, chicken/turkey, Broccoli, whey protein, almond butter, yams (sweet- potatoes)
    They are not really for muscle building. Muscle building comes from eating in a surplus, getting adequate protein and carbs and progressive overload lifting. Those foods can just as easily be used in a cut or maintenance. Essentially, muscle building is from a combination of foods, macros, training and rest.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    these are more for building muscle: Old-fashion oatmeal, Eggs, cottage-cheese, chicken/turkey, Broccoli, whey protein, almond butter, yams (sweet- potatoes)

those foods have absolutely nothing to do with adding muscle.

if you want to add muscle you need a structured lifting program with progressive overload built into it and a caloric surplus.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    szeu118 wrote: »

'scuse me while I got get my skeptical hat to put on.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    for the most part, forget junk food. you need healthy foods with fiber if you want healthy weight. if you just eat junk, the fat you gain will have toxins in it.
    Is this a joke or legit? Because if your junk food has toxins, there is a bigger issue at hand.

Yes, we need to eat nutrients dense foods and fiber, but you cant gain weight if you can get calories high enough. So those junk foods, for many, will become critical to achieving goals.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    for the most part, forget junk food. you need healthy foods with fiber if you want healthy weight. if you just eat junk, the fat you gain will have toxins in it.

yea, no.

yes, you need to meet micronutrient requirements but there is nothing wrong with filling in with calorie dense foods like bagels, cookies, ice cream, etc.

calories are king when bulking …why is that so hard to understand.

good luck getting in 3000 + calories day on chicken and vegetables….