BO in car

Options
Anyone have any neat ideas on how to get the BO smell out of your car? I drive from the gym (sweaty and gross) to my home and clean up there, so showering before I leave is an option I'd prefer not to use. Thanks y'all!

Replies

• gillmitch
    gillmitch Posts: 64
    Options
    open your windows and buy a magic tree?
  • LongIsland27itl
    LongIsland27itl Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    First off toto the store and get some 91% rubbing alcohol and a spray bottle, spray down your seats and air the car out for a few hours.

Now, when you're all sweaty from gym and about to rive home, why don't you line your seat with a jacket or bag or something?
    You should probably also get some sort of baking soda packet thing, I got one specifically for the car that goes under the seat

EDIT: may e you should change into dry clothes at gym. Nobody likes a smelly car
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Febreze Sport works well although I find the scent a bit strong, but whenever my car gets to smelling like wet dog that's what I use on the upholstery, I just drive with the windows down to air it out afterward.
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    Sprinkle baking soda on the upholstery and carpets on an evening before a day you are not using the car. Leave overnight.

The next day, vacuum thoroughly.

Rather than the chemical smells of magic trees and stuff, why not take a beer mat and drop some real essential oils on it and leave it in the car - far more relaxing and vitalising.

Also a tub of coffee grounds will neutralise body type odours and leave the car smelling of filter coffee - help to sharpen your awareness while driving!
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options

Also a tub of coffee grounds will neutralise body type odours and leave the car smelling of filter coffee - help to sharpen your awareness while driving!

Ooh, I'll have to remember this one for when my 9 year old takes off his shoes in the car!! :laugh:
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Spray febreeze in the car?
  • FakingFitness
    FakingFitness Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Put vinegar in a spray bottle. Unlike 'cover up' sprays, it'll kill the odor.
    The vinegar smell goes away after a few hours.
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    white vinegar I presume - not malt.
  • Bluebaloo210
    Options
    Thank you for all of the suggestions, I think I'll start small with the febreeze and build up to the baking soda and/or vinegar.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've ever had this happen, and I've driven home after working out a lot of times.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Febreze Sport works well although I find the scent a bit strong, but whenever my car gets to smelling like wet dog that's what I use on the upholstery, I just drive with the windows down to air it out afterward.

This is what I do. Or just Febreze it and leave the windows down for an hour or so.
  • FakingFitness
    FakingFitness Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    white vinegar I presume - not malt.

Ha! yep, white ... unless you plan on eating the seats, then definitely malt or balsamic. :)~