Brocolli slaw

Options
lin7604
lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
anyone have a good recipe? I struggle to get veggies in and thought this might help.

Replies

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I steam it until soft with a little bit of water and top with marinara or bolognese.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    I made a healthy broccoli salad without bacon using Greek yogurt instead! Greek yogurt, stevia, white or apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, garlic powder and then toss in broccoli, celery, raisins....etc
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I bring an Asian type slaw to work. Shredded carrot, sliced celery, (thawed) green peas.....Newman's Sesame Ginger dressing. Thawed French style green beans, and packaged broccoli slaw work in this too.

Sweet & Sour slaw: 1/2 cup white sugar, 1/2 cup cider vinegar, 1/4 cup cold water (or vegetable oil), 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed (ground dry mustard works too) and 1/2 teaspoon celery seed. Stir until sugar is dissolved.....you can heat on the stove too. Anyway, marinate the veggies several hours. Cabbage, peppers, green onion, shredded carrots, and celery.

• lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone.. Some found good and I will give them a go ! :)
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    If that wasn't clear, it serves as a "pasta" in my dishes ;)
  • MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Stir fry it with some thin cut chicken.
  • cocates
    cocates Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I sauté it. I also cut up 1/2 onion and mix it with the slaw. Use just a little olive oil, season it with garlic powder, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes as well. When it's almost done, I splash it with just a little soy sauce at the end. Yummy!
  • madammags
    madammags Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I love smitten kitchen, here's her recipe:Broccoli slaw, though I would change the dressing to be based on greek yoghurt rather than a combo of buttermilk and mayonnaise.
  • PSS33884
    PSS33884 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You can put broccoli in mine. I use a bag of shredded cole slaw mix. Pour 1/3 cup of rice vinegar over it. Put in a container and shake. Let it sit in the fridge over night. So yummy.
  • losttogain
    losttogain Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I make a version of a broccoli salad that I found on allrecipes.com

4 heads broccoli cut into bite sized pieces
    1 cup light mayo or fat free mayo
    2 tbsp sugar substitute (splenda or stevia)
    3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
    1/4 cup chopped red onion
    1/2 cup craisins or raisins

Separately: 1/2 cup toasted almonds, sunflower seeds or another nut
    1/2 cup (8 slices) crumbled bacon - optional that you can add later if you want

I cut and and quick blanch the broccoli (because I find raw broccoli is really gassy)
    Mix the rest of the ingredients, toss the broccoli to cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours
    Top with nuts/seeds and bacon when ready to eat
  • KatD1226
    KatD1226 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I use one pack of broccoli slaw. 2 tablespoons each white vinegar, oil (I use avacado), and sugar. Crush one pack of ramen noodles and add seasoning. Oriental is preferred.

Super yummy.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    Love it in stir fries. Makes them SO easy.
  • magtart
    magtart Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I add it to my homemade fried rice.