At home lifting plan?

Options
can anyone help me out with a at home plan. I have select tech weights and a bar. I want to lean out a tad and want to get into lifting again with out the use of a DVD. I want to work out 4-5 days a week and 30-45 min max as that is all I have time for. Not sure how to go about this. What exercises to do and how many reps of each. If I go slow and heavy to fare or a quicker rep.., etc. I have done chalean extreme, pump and started body beast as for weight programs. Help

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I'm currently running a Strong Curves at home, with some modifications for lack of equipment. I've also done 5/3/1 and some other basic routines revolving around the big lifts.
  • jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    My routine:

Monday-Chest: Bench, Incline Bench, Dips
    Tuesday-Core: Ab Wheel, Leg Raise, Bicycle Crunch, Bridge, Front Plank, Side Plank
    Wednesday-Back: Pull ups, Curl, Row
    Thursday-Legs: Bulgarian Split Squat, Deadlift, Calf Raise
    Friday-Shoulders: Overhead Press, Side Delt Raise, Bent Rear Delt Raise

I use Power Block dumbbells (similar to what you have) for weights, a chin up bar, a dip stand, a weighted vest, and an ab wheel. Other than the Power Blocks, the equipment is pretty inexpensive. The weighted vest is an easy way to add weights on pull ups and dips. I used to use the weighted vest on the split squats, but found that it's easier to keep my balance on one leg while holding dumbbells.

I do three to four sets of each exercise with about three minutes rest in between each set, with 4 to 7 reps per set. Each session takes around 45 minutes.
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Go to bodybuilding.com for additional assistance
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    Thx everyone. See I find I'm the kind that has always had to follow a DVD at home or I get lost. I need to see how the exercise is done or I tend to forget, I have no bench or pull up bar either
  • lin7604
    Options
    That looks awesome and easy to follow but she uses machines in a lot of it. What would I do at home or what exercises would I supplement for those?
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    http://www.californitraining.com

Can you get apps? The above is a good one. Week to week routines. Beginners to advanced. Videos embedded showing form. It's free and so far I've had no ads.

Bodybuilding.com also shows alternate moves if you don't have certain gear.

• ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    The strong lifts 5x5 has videos in the app and on you tube. Its only 5 moves so they are easy to follow.
  • jersey_54
    jersey_54 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    How much are those weights?
  • lin7604
    Options
    The select techs? Between 2-300 depending on where u r.

Thx for those 2 suggestions, I will look into both and hope for the best!
  • lin7604
    Options
    $5 for the app?
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Ah yes, sorry bout that. I see its @ $2AU ATM. I rarely pay for apps so this must have been the exception. It is good though.