Raw dairy

Options
2»

Replies

• TrailBlazzinMN
    TrailBlazzinMN Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the feedback. All very interesting and informative. I know cow's milk, if drank raw, is much easier to digest. Goat milk is much easier to digests since, if I remember correctly, the protein molecules are much smaller.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    On the eggs and refrigeration: http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2014/09/11/336330502/why-the-u-s-chills-its-eggs-and-most-of-the-world-doesnt
    "They're different approaches to basically achieve the same result," says Vincent Guyonnet, a poultry veterinarian and scientific adviser to the International Egg Commission. "We don't have massive [food safety] issues on either side of the Atlantic. Both methods seem to work."

The important thing, he says, is to be consistent.

"Once you start refrigeration, you have to have it through the whole value chain, from farm to store. Because if you stop — if the eggs are cold and you put them in a warm environment — they're going to start sweating," says Guyonnet.

I also thought this was funny:
    A 38-country survey by the International Egg Commission found that people feel strongly about how their eggs should look. The Irish, French, Czechs, Hungarians, Portuguese, Nigerians and Brits hanker for brown eggs. Canadians, Finns, Americans and Indians prefer white shells. Dutchmen and Argentines don't seem to care.

Personally, I don't really care but if forced to choose and size (and everything else) was identical would probably go with brown.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    LOVE me some raw milk. and homemade raw milk yogurt....OMG. too bad it's $16 a gallon here so I cant get raw milk too often.