how to deal and cope with constant pain and discomfort in the stomach

Options
Trying to 1800 calories a day with nutrient dense foods, nuts, oils, meat, dairy, and suplements. My constant pain does not go away and i am losing will power... HELP PLEASE

Replies

• ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Try eating lower calorie things so you can have more of it? More volume for the same calories...I assume you mean your stomach hurts because you are hungry. If not I apologize.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry I'm on my phone and didn't notice your post was in the gaining weight thread until to late..ignore me ♡
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Have you seen a doctor to rule out a medical reason?
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I agree that if you're feeling actual pain, not just discomfort from being full, see a doctor. Something is not right there.

If it's just that you're full all the time, make sure to spread out your calories if you aren't doing so already. Eating a few hundred calories every couple of hours is a lot easier than trying to stomach a 900 calorie meal. If you eat a couple tablespoons of PB in between meals, that's several hundred calories that should not make you feel much more full than you did before.
  • cambridgekid
    cambridgekid Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Speaking for myself,

I always find it hard to eat. That said, it gets easier. I don't know where you are on your...journey...but it will get easier. I never personally found it easier to eat 20 bite-sized meals throughout the day because I feel full. I found it easier to hurry a bunch of food into my body before it starts to feel full (15 minutes?). That said, I'd often get the discomfort you might be referring to. But I would lie down, suck it up, joke about it with someone I'm around, and move on. It did get easier. Now, meals of that size are not a problem. Now I'm eating bigger meals and whining about it ;)

Good luck!
  • ASDF616
    ASDF616 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Just personal experience, i often had stomach pain when i ate bigger meals and i saw a doctor. He said my stomach shrank because i hadnt been eating enough so the big meals stretched it uncomfortably. My advice is similar to what someone else said, smaller portions spread out throughout the day and eventually your stomach gets used to it, as well as drinking some of your calories in smoothies or milkshakes as they don't fill you up as much. I no longer have the problem
  • TrailBlazzinMN
    TrailBlazzinMN Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Sometimes eating certain foods together won't sit well with your body. Also, certain foods might be causing bloating and allergic reactions. Just some thoughts.
  • RedWolf09
    RedWolf09 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    ASDF616 wrote: »
    Just personal experience, i often had stomach pain when i ate bigger meals and i saw a doctor. He said my stomach shrank because i hadnt been eating enough so the big meals stretched it uncomfortably. My advice is similar to what someone else said, smaller portions spread out throughout the day and eventually your stomach gets used to it, as well as drinking some of your calories in smoothies or milkshakes as they don't fill you up as much. I no longer have the problem
    Yeah I think this is it. I had the same issue befor as well. Once it passes you will be used to eating larger portions and feel comfortable again.
  • scarlet56393
    scarlet56393 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    But that is just the problem. Ive had this EVERYDAY for 3 months, and its not getting any better. I have high cal meal replacements, dense calories and i DO spread them out in the day... nothing is working and through out all of this pain, I've only managed to MAINTAIN my weight...
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    1800 calories isn't really that much food honestly- I can eat that by lunch and still easily be hungry. if you're doing high calorie- low volume foods- that might help- but if it's NOT- then it might be time to see the doctor.