Supplements - what do you take/don't take?

Options
124»

Replies

• AshesToBeast
    AshesToBeast Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Vit D
    Fish Oil
    Creatine
    Pre-workout + BCAA
    Whey
    Cafeine
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    How's the CLA working for those who are taking it?

Appears as though I'm the only one trying CLA. It's been about a week. Weight-wise I'm probably where I should be taking into account what I've been consuming in the past week, a lot of hops and barley, so like with a lot of supplements, if you eat like crap, no supplement is going to be the magic bullet.

@echmainfit619 interesting point about fish oil, didn't check your link out but I will. I've never heard anything negative about fish oil.

@christinev297 CLA, time will tell maybe. I have seen a lot of "stacks" along with caffeine and green tea, etc, with CLA, but not sure how CLA plays into that.

@michelle7673 good gouge on zyflamend, never heard of it, how's that working out for you?

I am no longer taking CLA but i DID take it a few years back when i was actively losing.

I had to take it either 1 or 2 times before EACH MEAL. And these suckers were big squishly gel cap types.

In all honesty, I was eating in a caloric deficit and i don't think it made any significant difference. Atleast not enough to warrant guzzling all these pills daily and spending money on it. I used up what i bought (about a months supply) and would not repurchase.

The studies i've seen on it showed it made the effect of an extra pound of fat ever 6 weeks. IMO, that's not worth it.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    I tried fish oil, but either I'm not consistent enough, or the effect isn't good enough in terms of what I was looking for it to do cholesterol wise.
    My overall cholesterol is pretty close to rock-bottom so I don't need any help from fish oil, but my HDL is on the lower side, just above problematic.
    My overall numbers went from
    Total / HDL
    May: 113 / 44
    June: 100 /43
    Sept: 110 / 47
    So didn't seem to be getting me anywhere.
  • elga_thres
    elga_thres Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Whey protein powder, sometimes as pre-workout or post-workout, depends on when I eat my last meal and when I can eat my next meal. I can turn into hangry beast after working out
  • elga_thres
    elga_thres Posts: 117 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Whey protein powder, sometimes as pre-workout or post-workout, depends on when I eat my last meal and when I can eat my next meal. I can turn into hangry beast after working out, the protein helps me to stay civil towards others and food. Hahaha. It also helps with recovery, I feel less sore, sometimes I don't. Although it depends on my training.
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    B12
    Cheap GNC women's multivitamin
    Sometimes potassium (it's only 3%) because even when I make sure every food I eat and my coffee properly lists it, I fall way short
    Hair skin and nails from GNC (need to buy more of those)