Evoo??
  • Bintychops
    Bintychops Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much!!
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I love ranch dressing, but not from the bottle; yuck. If you buy hidden valley ranch in a packet (or bulk at Costco) you can use fat free milk and light mayonnaise and it comes out to 45 calls per tbsp. It's still very tasty
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Depending on the type of salad I like straight balsamic vinegar, yogurt mixed with seasonings and some lemon juice to make a 'ranch,' or salsa and yogurt for taco salad.
  • TinyTexn59
    TinyTexn59 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I make Vietnamese salad dressing. It is very low in calories and big in taste. Made with fish sauce, a bit of brown sugar, lime juice and water. It is high in sodium but I use such a small amount it isn't a problem with my drinking a gallon of water each day.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,704 Member
    Options
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/19/ranch-dressing-recipe_n_3769342.html

Use the larger quantity of buttermilk and smaller quantity of mayo and sour cream in ranch dressing. Lower calorie than classic vinaigrette which typically is 1 part vinegar or lemon to 3-4 parts olive oil.

Another lower calorie dressing I like is 1 part balsamic vinegar, 1 part soy sauce, 1 part nut oil (hazelnut, walnut or sesame all work well).
  • Venus_Red
    Venus_Red Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Bintychops wrote: »
    Evoo??

Extra virgin olive oil
  • abetterluke
    abetterluke Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Bintychops wrote: »
    Evoo??

Extra virgin olive oil

or Elves vomiting on orangutans
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    200 g Low fat quark with herbs in it + 50 ml mik = 250 g dressing with 180 calories and 20 grams of protein.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    If im feeling like i need some fat i'll add olive oil, some days i am not feeling it though.

Balsamic vinegar
    crushed carlic
    salt
    pepper
    dijon mustard
    water
    shake shake shake

sometimes- 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
  • jenchamb1
    jenchamb1 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I just made a dressing I saw on pinterest and love it. It's the Hidden Valley dry dressing/seasoning mix, 1 3/4c buttermilk, 1/2 light mayo. I also sometimes add a little red wine vinegar to it at time of serving.