Possible?

Options
2»

Replies

• snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    so you just want to look good and not be healthy?

Just saying, sustainability is pretty important to losing (and keeping) the weight off. Over 80% of people who lose weight, gain it all (some gain even more) back. Who decides what is healthier?

• AidaF430
    AidaF430 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    dubird wrote: »
    Totally possible, just fit them into your daily calories. What you might do is preplan a day or two and see where you can fit them in. I understand not wanting to cut out favorite foods, I'm reasonably sure the reason I got to where I am now is that I found ways to limit my portions but still have them. If I want a cookie, I have the damn cookie and adjust accordingly for the day!

Now, can you lose weight on a diet of nothing but sweets and 'junk' food? If you're in a deficit, then yes. But no one here will recommend it because you won't be getting the actual nutrition your body needs. Plus, high calorie foods means you eat less in terms of bulk to get that deficit, so you will probably be more hungry. Your best bet is to make your actual meals healthier (not saying go completely health food, but get a balance of meats, veggies and carbs), and save the sweets for snacks. Find out what a proper portion of that sweet is and weigh it out. That way, you don't overdo it, you still get to have your favorite foods, but also get enough food to feel full and get the nutrition you need.

It's really a balancing act. It takes a while to get it right, but once one you do, things become a lot easier.

^Totally This!!

• acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing Insanity and eating like 1800 calories, but do you think is it possible to lose weight if I eat things like sweets and snacks and not really all the healthy stuff but fitting everything into my calorie limit?

Wait, are you eating 1800 calories or LIKE 1800 calories?

Even going over by 200 - 300 calories/day would add up to an extra 1400 - 2100 calories/week or a potential extra 20 ish lbs per year if this isn't less than your TDEE and you aren't consuming less than you burn on a regular basis.