Under calorie goal?

Options
2»

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    by healthy do you mean you've substantially cut dietary fat out of your diet? because that's actually not healthy.

it's also quite possible that you're underestimating intake...it's very common, particularly if you're new to logging and you don't quite know what you're doing...picking eroneous entries from the database, eyeballing, etc. also, you have no idea how many people think certain foods are free...fruit and veg come to mind, but i'm always shocked at the number of people who for whatever reasons don't log cooking oils are things they drink...

usually when i see these posts it comes down to the individual thinking that only veggies and fruit are healthy...there tends to be an irrational fear of other carbohydrates as well as fat and they also tend to be pretty low on the protein front and are generally lacking in anything resembling a balanced diet that is actually nutritious.

I do weigh my food and always log all fruit and veg I consume. I am consuming very little carbs and fat, but I will take on your advice. Thank you.

I just want to ask if there's a particular reason you're limiting yourself to very little fat in your diet. Fat is an important macronutrient in your diet and your body requires a certain amount for things like balancing hormones and keeping your skin and nails healthy. Don't fall prey to that 80's thinking that we need to keep fat low in order to lose weight!
  • clairec230787
    clairec230787 Posts: 52 Member
    Options

I do eat some fat, I have half an avocado for lunch which is full of healthy fat. But I do limit it, to be honest I thought that was the best way to loose fat!! I'm clearly not entirely educated in the area...

t
    by healthy do you mean you've substantially cut dietary fat out of your diet? because that's actually not healthy.

it's also quite possible that you're underestimating intake...it's very common, particularly if you're new to logging and you don't quite know what you're doing...picking eroneous entries from the database, eyeballing, etc. also, you have no idea how many people think certain foods are free...fruit and veg come to mind, but i'm always shocked at the number of people who for whatever reasons don't log cooking oils are things they drink...

usually when i see these posts it comes down to the individual thinking that only veggies and fruit are healthy...there tends to be an irrational fear of other carbohydrates as well as fat and they also tend to be pretty low on the protein front and are generally lacking in anything resembling a balanced diet that is actually nutritious.

I do weigh my food and always log all fruit and veg I consume. I am consuming very little carbs and fat, but I will take on your advice. Thank you.

I just want to ask if there's a particular reason you're limiting yourself to very little fat in your diet. Fat is an important macronutrient in your diet and your body requires a certain amount for things like balancing hormones and keeping your skin and nails healthy. Don't fall prey to that 80's thinking that we need to keep fat low in order to lose weight!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I do eat some fat, I have half an avocado for lunch which is full of healthy fat. But I do limit it, to be honest I thought that was the best way to loose fat!! I'm clearly not entirely educated in the area...

t

Fat doesn't make you fat. What counts is the calories. You can lose weight while eating more fat as long as you pay attention to your total calorie intake. Many of us find that fat is satiating, which certainly makes it easier to maintain a deficit.
  • elizabethymartin
    elizabethymartin Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Zedeff wrote: »
    I'm having the same issue. I'm on a low fat diet due to gall stones and I'm sorry but how am I supposed to eat 1200 calories of no fat food??? What am I , a horse??

@elizabethymartin You could do the reasonable thing and have your gallstones treated with a cholecystectomy.

I agree. My drs were very unprofessional in their delivery of this info. A nurse called offered very little info other than u have fatty liver and gallstones but theres no sign of infection so don't eat fats or drink and call in two weeks if ur still uncomfortable. And that was it. I was too shocked to even ask a question. And I def wasn't given options. I will ask about that (and complain) when I undoubtably go back in two weeks. I am in less pain. But I'm still very aware of it 24/7 w/ some kind of discomfort. My fault for letting myself go! I'm working on it. Ty for the advice!