Do you ever get stuck on eating one food over and over?

Options
One of my very favorite combinations is cottage cheese and grapes, specifically red grapes. We just happen to have really good red grapes in my grocery store right now. Nice crunchy ones, the kind that *pop* when you bite into them. I know they won't last for long because usually the produce at this store isn't very good. And anyway, soon they'll become too expensive to buy.

So I've been eating cottage cheese and grapes for breakfast. Or for lunch. Or maybe both. And for a snack. Even for dinner one night when my husband had to work late. lol I've eaten it enough now that I can practically eyeball my portion in the bowl that I always use. I've weighed it so many times that I really do know what it looks like. lol. (I still weigh afterwards just to be sure, and I'm surprisingly very close.)

Anyway, if I don't turn into a bowl of cottage cheese and grapes I'll be surprised. :wink: At least it has some good calcium in it, which I have to be careful to get enough of since I don't drink milk much.

Anyone else do this -- eat the same thing over and over while it lasts?

Replies

• Artemiris
    Artemiris Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Well, I could eat breakfast (in my case: milk and oat, or corn flakes) for lunch and dinner, everyday. :)

I do eat pretty much the same food everyday, anyway.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Well yes but I usually get over it in a few days. I need variety. My last one was Greek yogurt with salted caramel protein powder.
  • Venus_Red
    Venus_Red Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I eat the same thing for lunch every day. I like the known :)
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I dont know that I eat any one food for breakfast lunch dinner and snack, but I definately will eat the same food for a few weeks until I don't want to see it anymore. I guess for the main part I eat the same things everyday. I do try to switch it up. Right now I have air popped popcorn with cinnamon on it. Its so good. I am sure I wont want popcorn for a while soon.
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    buy as much as you can and freeze them :)

One of my very favorite combinations is cottage cheese and grapes, specifically red grapes. We just happen to have really good red grapes in my grocery store right now. Nice crunchy ones, the kind that *pop* when you bite into them. I know they won't last for long because usually the produce at this store isn't very good. And anyway, soon they'll become too expensive to buy.

So I've been eating cottage cheese and grapes for breakfast. Or for lunch. Or maybe both. And for a snack. Even for dinner one night when my husband had to work late. lol I've eaten it enough now that I can practically eyeball my portion in the bowl that I always use. I've weighed it so many times that I really do know what it looks like. lol. (I still weigh afterwards just to be sure, and I'm surprisingly very close.)

Anyway, if I don't turn into a bowl of cottage cheese and grapes I'll be surprised. :wink: At least it has some good calcium in it, which I have to be careful to get enough of since I don't drink milk much.

• GeddesFit
    GeddesFit Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Mine is Greek yogurt with fruit and granola omg. Can't get enough!
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Yup, and for weight loss I don't think that's a bad thing when you find the right combination of nutrients and calories.
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I can eat greek yogurt with fruit or oatmeal with cinnamon and chia seeds daily.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    My breakfast is usually the same thing, there is very little variation to it. I don't think it's bad. If you know what you like and it works for you, eat it! I don't know about grapes and cottage cheese though ...
  • Monklady123
    Monklady123 Posts: 512 Member
    Options

Hmm... didn't think of freezing them. How are they when they thaw? Will they lose their crunchiness?

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options

Hmm... didn't think of freezing them. How are they when they thaw? Will they lose their crunchiness?

Eat them frozen, they're like little popsicles. Yummy
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Of course, especially when fruit and certain veggies are in season. I tend to rotate between 2-3 breakfast and 2-3 lunches. Even dinner is grilled protrin, veggies, and sslad. I just vary the protein & veggies. And in winter, SOUP! Almost time for that.!! I do well with a routine & hubby is good about going along with it.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Two of my 3 main meals rarely change. I'm really okay with that. It's by preference. I really, really like those things a lot.
  • Contrary03
    Contrary03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I usually have the same breakfast every day consisting of egg whites & avocado. Yummy! Don't think i could live without it.. lol.
  • preeJAY
    preeJAY Posts: 46 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Yes. Chicken.

;-|
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    preeJAY wrote: »
    Yes. Chicken.

;-|

Lamb eating chicken, kinda weird ;)
  • momoharuno
    momoharuno Posts: 141 Member
    Options

They are great frozen! I keep a bag in the freezer in general to munch on, I've let them thaw before and I thought they tasted the same as never frozen grapes, I can't remember if they were any less crisp though.

I eat pretty much the same thing all the time, each week I might throw in a different dish to make a few times to mix it up but honestly it's just an absentminded rotation. I enjoy it and I don't feel bored in the least, I especially like not having to think about breakfast when all I want is to hurry to the gym lol :)
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I have been lately. 2 servings of frozen veggies, tsp of olive oil and ground turkey/beef/chicken. It's easier now that I'm in school. Not the tastiest food, but definitely meets my needs.
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options

I eat every night a big bowl of frozen fruits
    Also grapes

Its great, like candies or little ice creams Specially cantaloupes
    I do this with 80% of all my fruits

The only "ugly" fruit is banana and avocado...but i dont thaw those either i make smoothies with them. But all the too much fruits get frozen here.
    So i buy lots and lots of fruit specially when it is cheap and i freeze it all :) And eat it frozen through my yogurts and in the evening like i said as candies.

I like it frozen and when you do it frozen through your yogurt/cottage cheese, it will freeze up around the fruit pieces and give them a bit of a yogurt layer lol
    i love that.

to each their own of course but for me it works great.
  • Monklady123
    Monklady123 Posts: 512 Member
    Options

I eat every night a big bowl of frozen fruits
    Also grapes

Its great, like candies or little ice creams Specially cantaloupes
    I do this with 80% of all my fruits

The only "ugly" fruit is banana and avocado...but i dont thaw those either i make smoothies with them. But all the too much fruits get frozen here.
    So i buy lots and lots of fruit specially when it is cheap and i freeze it all :) And eat it frozen through my yogurts and in the evening like i said as candies.

I like it frozen and when you do it frozen through your yogurt/cottage cheese, it will freeze up around the fruit pieces and give them a bit of a yogurt layer lol
    i love that.

to each their own of course but for me it works great.

Sounds great! Adding "extra grapes" to my grocery list now. :)