Any Low Carb, high fat recipes??? Please share!!!

Pinx1984
Pinx1984 Posts: 5 Member
I've heard some really good things from the Low Carb, High Fat Diet and was wondering if any of you do it and have recipes to share???

Replies

• Yogi_warrior
    Yogi_warrior Posts: 5,464 Member
    Didn't you get the memo? LCHF is for people with medical conditions according to MFP bro scientists.
  • marcae70
    marcae70 Posts: 72 Member
    www.ibreatheimhungry.com

www.ruled.me/keto-recipes/

http://cavemanketo.com/category/food/

https://www.reddit.com/r/ketorecipes
  • Pinx1984
    Pinx1984 Posts: 5 Member
    Thanks so much Marcae!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Bacon pizza is amazing.

Lie lots of strips of streaky bacon on to a baking sheet.
    Spread on your pizza sauce
    Add your cheeses, I like 3 types on it
    Sprinkle with a touch of Italian herbs or Oregano

Serve with some cauliflower bahji or a side salad

I don't low carb but this is so yummy!

Good luck with your diet :)
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    My go to low carb meal when I am trying to cut the carbs is a nice filet mignon (or really any steak) seared on both sides with salt and pepper and then put under the broiler with a nice pat of butter on top until desired doneness (leave some pink though!). Then I roast some asparagus with salt, pepper and olive oil. Serve the steak on top of the asparagus with all of the yummy steak pan juices.

Go even crazier and put a poached egg on top of that steak!
  • marcae70
    No problem! @Pinx1984
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    i do a low carb but not LOW carb, and i loose just as much as my friends. I don't do more than 50 carbs, all from veggies. Cabbage replaces any pasta for any casserole. Boil 7 eggs on Sunday to have to throw in salads or as a snack during week (do not peel and they will last 6 days) I also most weeks buy walmarts rotisserie chicken and add to any salad or as a side to any veggies during the week.
  • marcae70
    i do a low carb but not LOW carb, and i loose just as much as my friends. I don't do more than 50 carbs, all from veggies. Cabbage replaces any pasta for any casserole. Boil 7 eggs on Sunday to have to throw in salads or as a snack during week (do not peel and they will last 6 days) I also most weeks buy walmarts rotisserie chicken and add to any salad or as a side to any veggies during the week.

50g or less of NET carbs (total carbs minus fiber) is actually still considered low carb. You are probably getting less than 50g net carbs and do not even realize it.

Example

1 Medium Zucchini
    Total Carbohydrate 6 g 2%
    Dietary fiber 2 g 8%

Net carbs: 4g

We don't count fiber!
  • PSS33884
    PSS33884 Posts: 72 Member
    I'm diabetic. Have to count the fiber when calculating my insulin. But try to do no more than 60g per day. Works for me. Tonight I am cooking filet of sole with citrus seasoning and roasting asparagus. Not a huge fish fan, but once in a while it's good.
  • LindaSmith108
    LindaSmith108 Posts: 19 Member
    Emily3907 wrote: »
    My go to low carb meal when I am trying to cut the carbs is a nice filet mignon (or really any steak) seared on both sides with salt and pepper and then put under the broiler with a nice pat of butter on top until desired doneness (leave some pink though!). Then I roast some asparagus with salt, pepper and olive oil. Serve the steak on top of the asparagus with all of the yummy steak pan juices.

Go even crazier and put a poached egg on top of that steak!

You can also pan-fry it in a cast iron skillet with lots of butter and then top it with compound butter, or wrap it in bacon before you broil it! Also for veggies, you can always top them with a cheese sauce made with reduced cream. Ooh! Making myself hungry! I love LCHF! I've been on it a few months and lost 50 lbs. I just had bloodwork done and all my cholesterol numbers were much better and I was taken off one of my meds fot Type 2 diabetes. My husband has been on it the same amount of time and lost 75 lbs.
  • 0utrun
    0utrun Posts: 71 Member
    Baked Scotch eggs, substitute Coconut or Almond flour for traditional flour

http://www.food.com/recipe/baked-scotch-eggs-69970