Trying to gain weight but nothing is working, help please.

Options
I have been trying to gain weight in some ways, I've even tried nothing but junk food and that doesn't even phase my body. I'm trying to get at 140lbs or 145lbs but my body burns fat without me even trying anything. I currently weigh 130lbs I'm really stuck here, plus I am Cambodian I am Asian so I also am starting to think my ethnicity has something to do with it. I say this because I know a lot of Asian people have a hard time trying to gain weight. Someone please help, what are good and yet healthy foods for me to eat to gain weight and good exercises to KEEP that weight even if I am exercising.

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    more food/higher calories.

not gaining is pretty self diagnosing- you're not in a surplus. so you gotta eat more/higher calorie foods.
  • mskclarke
    mskclarke Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wanna trade bodies :'(
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    There might be a genetic component. I lived in the Philippines for two years, and the heat and lack of available food was a problem for me. gaining weight takes time. stick 50% carbs 30% fat 20% protein. Eat healthy. Lots or rice (6 or 7 meals a dAY0), OLIVE OIL , eggs, grilled chicken. reduce physical activity.

What both @leolibby233 and @JoRocka said. Make sure to weigh your foods as you might be underestimating the amount you eat. Pre log your days so you know what you are eating and when and aren't left with situations when its 9pm and you have a million calories left. If you have a high metabolism, I was like this until I got to the calorie level I'm on that has allowed me to gain. Reduce whatever cardio you are doing to none at all or just one short 30 minute session a week.