Looking to stick to this!

Options
ashley69960
ashley69960 Posts: 155 Member
edited September 2015 in Getting Started
Hello there ,so I finally decided to get back on track .. Recently gained my 15 of the 20 pounds I lost at the beginning of the year :( damn all those summer bbq and cocktails !! Looking to try new tricks and things so it sticks this time ... My biggest issue is night eating!! Any tricks or tips would be a great help. I also would like to start using this site more in the "community" area I have only used it for keeping tabs on calories and such ... So anyone looking for a fitness buddy feel free to add me, I would like to see what this site has to offer in other areas :)

Replies

• hblack5
    hblack5 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you!!! I get my workouts in, but the eating is my downfall. I eat when I get bored, stressed, or upset. The last few days all I want to do is eat. I just joined a contest with some friends that is being held by a local trainer in my town. I want to lose 20 lbs and I don't want to let my team down. They are doing great, but my scale is going to wrong directions!
  • kickstandup
    kickstandup Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am right there as well. 2nd round. Lost 50 lbs the first time, put 25 back on. I am definitely a night snacker and stress eater as well. Now that I am done with grad school and have started a much better job, I am hoping to refocus on my health and fitness. Please feel free to add, but let me know where you found me so I know. Thanks!
  • KendAnne
    KendAnne Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Funny how weight creeps back up... I was doing pretty good.... I moved to evening shift 2 years ago and had a handle on the night eating but I got "comfortable" with the late dinner times and have really seen the negative effects this year. The gym alone hasnt been enough, so maybe the community will add the extra push I need! Looking forward to getting skinny together.. lol
  • rackies
    rackies Posts: 2 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I hear all of you. I am right there with u. I have lost the same 20 lbs so many times I believe if I lost additional 20 I would have been to my goal weight by now. I have always been small. I was athlete and was a single mom and always on the go. Then a tragedy happened in my life I gained 100lbs in less than a year. Didn't even know that happened as I didn't have long mirrors and I was so sad and upset and stressed. Good grief. I have had a battle of the bulge for 10 yrs now. How in the heck did I get here? I had a doc appt and received a scared lab report from the doctors I decided if I want to make it to 107 yrs old I better treat this body right. To be borderline diabetic and have to do needles? Ahh heck no! I refuse to be old before my time. So, I have 2 tricks that has helped me, so far, one is that I have to actually feel hunger pangs before I eat anything. I have my food planned out as my cousin has competed body building and weight loss and nutrition asked me recently if I wanted some input from her and I decided to accept her help.
    We have to reset our metabolism and get our brain and stomach on the same connection again. So in the evening if I am NOT feeling hunger pangs, then I do not eat. I will get up and make a glass of ice water and Drink more water or chew on ice. It's mental. I have lost 10 lbs this month so far and I am sure a lot is water weight. But, I really listen and pay attention to make sure I really feel hunger pangs or I do not eat. CraZy, sounds so simple. It is. Also, I try to do something with my hands none food related. Croquet , it's harder to eat when my hands r busy, if I pull out my laptop or phone and play a game, or do a puzzle, or something. Just keep my hands busy until I stop the night nipple. Lastly, I just make it through one night. That's all. Just tonight. Then tomorrow i just get through tomorrow. I decided how to i accomplish such a large *kitten* goal ( no pun intended) ? Just like how do we eat a whole elephant? One bite at a time. ( wait, that doesn't sound helpful when we r trying to lose weight). But u understand. So tonight, I just decided not to nipple at night. Soon, it will be a week and then 2 weeks and then we will see some results. I was an athlete and I got myself in this mess, so I will get myself out of this and unzip the fat suit.
    If anyone has any other suggestions please please share. Hope some of this helps u guys. Have a successful day tomorrow
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    A simple way to tackle 'night eating' is by saving a nice chunk of calories for those evening snacks :]
    That way - you're still getting your night time snacks but not going over your daily allowance.

You can do this - it's a learning curve. You'll get there!
  • Chasity6
    Chasity6 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Adding healthy fats to each of my meals has helped me to stay full and I no longer have the desire to snack after dinner. :) Good luck on your journeys you got this. If anyone needs a friend feel free to add me. Here everyday that is how I stay motivated. The boards / friends on this site help to support and keep me focused on my goal at hand. @ Rackies I am in same boat as you need to lose 120lbs so I am in for a long journey.
  • ashley69960
    ashley69960 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone ... Looking forward to sharing this journey with everyone ! :smiley:
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    You got this!
  • BethMilledge
    BethMilledge Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me