Help!?

Options
week 1 of counting calories/exercising and I check my scale and it keeps going up a pound and the next, down a pound. Should I just stop looking at the scale? This is my first time counting calories.

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Learn about weight fluctuation.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Walk away from the scale.
  • dinosaurparty
    dinosaurparty Posts: 185 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Honestly this is your first week of dieting, so you shouldn't worry about the scale yet.

Your weight is going to fluxuate pretty drasticly due to things like water retention, when you last ate, bodily cycles, etc. This is normal - I can weigh 129 and 135lbs on the same day, and some people fluxuate way more than that. Working out can encourage your body to hold onto extra water at first, as well.

Pick a start weight, then stick to your plan for another week or two before you weigh yourself again. Your body needs time to get used to changes in diet and activity levels. When you do weigh yourself, a good rule of thumb is to do it first thing in the morning, after you pee. That rules out things like food sitting in your belly adding an extra lbs or two.

I used to stress and stress over the scale, and it doesnt help you loose any faster. Step away for a bit :)
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I looked at your dairy

And you have to weigh everything!!!! no cups or spoons. A medium pear??? how big is it how many grams?
    and lots more of those entry's
    Second...what happened the days that you only log a banana?
    Really only at a banana? or didnt bother to log the rest you ate

So get accurate

And further...patience!!! When you get serious and log everything to the gram ( so weigh everything) you will lose weight.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    If you are weighing yourself daily, expect to see fluctuations.
    Stick with weighing once a week! :)