Help me.

Options
I'm 22 years old and weigh 264 I'm tired of it. What can I do to loose weight?

Replies

• BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Start weighing all your food on a food scale
    Start filling in here the settings on MFP
    And start logging your food

MFP creates a deficit for you and when you eat around that calorie allowance daily you will start losing weight
    So eat less calories than you burn

simple
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I'm 22 years old and weigh 264 I'm tired of it. What can I do to loose weight?

Eat fewer calories than you burn in a day. It as simple as that. If someone tells you any other method (outside of a medical condition) then challenge them to write a scientific paper about it because if it is true it will be ground breaking and worthy of a Nobel Prize.
  • ellenartee
    ellenartee Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Just start by logging all of the food you eat! Don't try and change up your diet or be too restrictive just yet. And just make sure to stay under or at the calorie allowance MFP calculates for you. Also, exercise allows you to eat more then the allowance. And get involved in the community, add friends, it's a very supportive environment. :)
  • natalieamaral
    natalieamaral Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone (:
  • Matt71Fleming
    Matt71Fleming Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    As above log all you eat for a few days.Then eat less calories than you previously did.If you are able to a little exercise will help.Dont go mad.Some light walking at first then gradually build it up.I found the first steps were the hardest for me.Giving up on things that aren't good for me was a challenge but I'm 28llbs lighter with small changes and feel much healthier than I have for years.Good luck to you.Feel free to add me if you want.
  • natalieamaral
    natalieamaral Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    What kind of exercises?
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    i do walking and swimming
    But up to you, what you like

But always remember, weight loss starts in the kitchen
    Exercise for fitness and other benefit is you can eat a part of your burned exercise calories back :)
  • Matt71Fleming
    Matt71Fleming Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I walk because of an old Achilles injury.Walking a small amount to begin with.Build it up steadily in time and intensity.I began with walking round my housing estate where I stay then longer walks at a faster pace.It works for me.I try to walk 5-10 miles each day at a good pace.It takes a bit of time (don't rush).Hope this helps.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Eat less (calories) and move more.
    Let MFP calculate your calorie goal to lose. At your weight 2 lbs per week sounds like a safe goal for now. Use a food scale at first at least, so you can figure out portions and what needs to change.
    For exercise, start simple. Whatever is easy for you and you will commit to. Walking is the simplest and a planning a daily walk is a very good start.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Eat 30% less to start with, taking out mainly starches and sugars. Try that for a month.