Alchohol

Options
Hi everyone. I am a new member. I only need to lose half a stone in weight, but I need to cut down on alchohol. I googled cutting out alchohol and this message board on my fitnesspal showed up. I hope to get lots of support, and posts from like minded people, who are not alchoholics but know they drink too much!

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    Cutting back on the alcohol will help you to quickly lower your caloric intake. Try having a little juice mixed with club soda instead. Good luck.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    Start by limiting yourself to two or three a day; that is if you drink everyday. Then simply stop drinking during the week. It is a bad habit..and once you get through a night or two?it will be easy and you'll see it was just a bad habit and you'll be glad you have it under control. then you can drink on the weekends. You don't want your drinking to get out of control...not just added weight..but taxing on the liver.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    What is wrong with advice from alcoholics?

They are people too!
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Advice on cutting down? Well... to cut down? Get rid of temptations - if you keep a lot of beers in the fridge, don't. If you always have it around then it is more tempting! If all your social events revolve around alcohol, suggest an alternative.

Alcohol is bad for so many reasons, not just weight... it's worth making it a weekend thing rather than daily, that's for sure!
  • hammbone55
    hammbone55 Posts: 73
    Options
    I was in this same boat, but I usually only drank on the weekends. I would drink too much one night then be hungover the next day and binge eat and couldn't figure out why I couldn't lose weight. I quit buying my bloody mary mix and quit buying wine. Now in the last month I had one night where I drank a few beers, but I have to say it has gotten very easy to just not drink because I don't want to ruin my progress. :) Good luck.