Help female 30yrs need to gain healthy fat

Options
jjpunchie
jjpunchie Posts: 2 Member
Hi need help gaining fat, used special scale to measure and says 16.7% (healthy is around 21%). I rarely exercise nowadays (feel fatigue a lot). What to do? When I have energy I'm scared to exercise since calorie intake may be too low and may just ending up losing more muscle mass (which I see some muscle loss and I really want my muscles back)...please help thanks

Replies

• caci88
    caci88 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi. 16.7% isn't unhealthy for a female, however the fatigue is pretty bad. You just need to eat more, find out your maintenance calories on MFP and add 100 calories a week until you're seeing the weight gain you want. If you train with weights you will gain muscle mass, not lose it, and it will increase your appetite so definitely don't be scared of it! Good luck :)
  • jjpunchie
    jjpunchie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! Thanks for the advice! :) My body fat measured today at 17.1%. A slight increase from yesterday. Aww thanks but what is MFP? I just hit the gym today to get familiar with some weights.
  • A_New_Creation
    A_New_Creation Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Try healthy fatty foods. I eat almonds daily. Try avocados, eat daily with coconut oil, use nut butters (watch out for ones with lots of added grossness), etc. Good luck.
  • A_New_Creation
    A_New_Creation Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    *MFP= MyFitnessPal
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    How many calories are you eating? Also, fat gains are fat gains. There is no healthy cs non healthy (sorry, its semantics) and your scale is a bad tool to measure body fat. They are highly inaccurate. If intake is low and you arent resistance training you will lose muscle.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    How many calories are you eating? Also, fat gains are fat gains. There is no healthy cs non healthy (sorry, its semantics) and your scale is a bad tool to measure body fat. They are highly inaccurate. If intake is low and you arent resistance training you will lose muscle.

this ..

and MFP is the site that you are currently posting on OP.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Gaining fat? Hmmmm....that's a new one... Actually 18-21 percent is recommended for woman, so yours is not bad at all. Better to be slightly under than over. Slightly increase calories....25/ day.....