tomatoey
tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
edited September 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
nm

Replies

• Inkd_babe
    Inkd_babe Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Generally if you've built muscle it's not going to go anywhere. Protein won't maintain it without exercise it will just depend how good your muscle memory is. Swimming would be a good option As it works your whole body and maybe consider doing s shred so you can reduce the fat layer to reveal the muscle underneath. Worth a go and might give you a goal to focus on while you're restricted
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Wow! How did you come up with that reply from two letters?
    I'm impressed.

Cheers, h.
  • myheartsabattleground
    Options
    Ace post. I rate 8/8. That's great mate.
  • Inkd_babe
    Options
    I swear there was a question when I read it
  • OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,534 Member
    Options
    Ace post. I rate 8/8. That's great mate.

gr8 b8 m8, I r8 8/8
  • tomatoey
    Options
    Inkd_babe wrote: »
    Generally if you've built muscle it's not going to go anywhere. Protein won't maintain it without exercise it will just depend how good your muscle memory is. Swimming would be a good option As it works your whole body and maybe consider doing s shred so you can reduce the fat layer to reveal the muscle underneath. Worth a go and might give you a goal to focus on while you're restricted

thank you :)
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    What is- how do I maintain my muscles when I have to take a break from lifting? Alex.

Cheers, h.
    Hope that isn't the case, but if so, hope you can return to it soon Tomatoey.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Wow! How did you come up with that reply from two letters?
    I'm impressed.

Cheers, h.

Some people are natural born empaths :D

• Inkd_babe
    Options
    There was a question posted but has been changed now :)
  • tomatoey
    Options
    What is- how do I maintain my muscles when I have to take a break from lifting? Alex.

Cheers, h.
    Hope that isn't the case, but if so, hope you can return to it soon Tomatoey.

Ha, excellent, middlehaitch :) thanks:)
  • tomatoey
    Options
    Inkd_babe wrote: »
    There was a question posted but has been changed now :)

Yeah, sorry. Not even sure why I deleted it!

The ghost post said I can swim OR bike 3x / week max and JUST do my daily physio which is now reduced to a very limited # of exercises. The exercises will change some and hopefully get me back to at least normal bodyweight movements, but that's basically it for 2 months.

I wondered if maxing out on protein would help me keep some muscle :/ (I kind of know it can't on its own - you just hope sometimes, lol :) )
  • tomatoey
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I also wondered if maintenance or weight loss would be the better approach, given that I'll be losing muscle all over the place and it would def not be just fat loss. It's just 10 lbs of vanity weight, I'm at an ok weight. I have *some* muscle but not as much as I'd like :( (have been restricted for some time, this is just further restriction)