I've been doing well but could use some friends

Options
Amberonamission
Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
edited September 2015 in Getting Started
If anyone needs some support of has time in their day to look at my food diary and comment, I'd appreciate it. I'm 22 pounds down and have been working out at planet fitness for 6 months, going most days. I'm 42 250 so I do have a long way to go. Big changes. Join me :)

Replies

• DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    Just remember that "the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." ~ Lao-Tzu.

It's going to be a long slow road and you will have to change habits that have been formed over a life time, this will not be easy, it shall take time, you will have failures, and at times you will want to quit. It is then when you will have to dig deep and refuse to surrender and that is when you will find the true champion inside yourself. The heart of a champion is inside all of us we just have to find it.
    You can do this and if you set you mind to it you will, it is because of the difficulty and challenge that the reward is so great.
    Set daily, weekly and monthly goals, make them reasonable and easy but not too easy to obtain. It would be best to set smaller goals and achieve them and to make the next goal a little hard and so on until you find the breaking point. Setting goals that are too difficult to achieve and having multiple failures out of the gate may cause you too much grief to start.
    Losing is an option but only in so far as losing weight and size.
    You should also focus on your measurements more than the weight loss itself as if you are adding muscle which is very important you may gain a little weight, (in short) if you see your waistline going down than you are winning the battle of the bulge.
    Gotta go but I wish you the best in your weight loss journey and in life. If you would like to add me feel free to do so.
    V/r,
    DW
  • Dutchy_77
    Dutchy_77 Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    i'll join you