Recomposition how long does it take?!

Options
Hi everyone i'm 20 years old 5'3 SW 150 lbs CW 125 lbs
More than 3 months ago i decided to go with recomposition.. i don't have access to a gym so i started chalene extreme but doing only the 3 heavy lifting days .... dumbells rang from 5 - 22 pounds
2 weeks left to the end and i didn't see much result iknow recomposition needs time but how long ?

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I would say it's best to plan on a year+ for a recomp. You will see changes along the way, assuming you are training well, and you likely won't hit the 12 month mark and feel finished, but at least a year.

I would suggest getting on a regular lifting program. If you don't want to join a gym you may need to buy equipment for home. Your dumbbells aren't going to allow you to keep progressing.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    I plan on my recomp being a permanent state LOL - even when I reach my 'goals' - new goals will be added - whether its endurance, or more weight, or whatever.
  • fatimaelmustafa
    fatimaelmustafa Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    I would say it's best to plan on a year+ for a recomp. You will see changes along the way, assuming you are training well, and you likely won't hit the 12 month mark and feel finished, but at least a year.

I would suggest getting on a regular lifting program. If you don't want to join a gym you may need to buy equipment for home. Your dumbbells aren't going to allow you to keep progressing.

Thanks for the advice. I'll try and find away to join a gym ..though it's seems difficult to find time for school, studying and going to a gym ! I'm a medical student