Vegan comunity

Options
Are there any vegans in the house ?? I need more vegan friends to expand my knowledge
And can someone tell me how it is possible that every vegan on YouTube eat like 3000 calories without gaining weight?
Ps im a fresh vegan and hypnotized by it

Replies

• TrickyDisco
    TrickyDisco Posts: 2,869 Member
    Options
    There's a couple of groups here - check out Team Vegan and Happy Herbivores. Vegan food is like any other in that it comes down to calories in v calories out, eat more than you burn and you'll gain weight whatever diet or food choices you make.
  • the_nerdgasm
    the_nerdgasm Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm transitioning, so feel free to add me! I'd say I eat a good 80-90% vegan most days.

As for the Youtubers, I assume they work out a ton. I know Freelee and Durian bike, and few of the other high carb low fat ones run or do other high intensity cardio. If you ate like that and did little to no activity though, you'd gain weight just like with any other food.
  • bakechad
    bakechad Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    At the end of the day it's going to be calories in vs calories out.

But I think the big advantage a vegan has is that they normally take in a large amount of fiber that keeps them full most of the time.
  • NaimishS
    NaimishS Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am a vegetarian and need mutual support to know the right kind of food.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    There are many of us here. I wouldn't pay too much attention to the YouTube vegans. Many of them are pushing overly restricted diets or disordered attitudes towards food. Vegans, just like every other human, will gain weight if they eat more calories than their body uses.