New Job, New Rules, Help Please

Options
Hi guys,

Just started a new job, office based like my last one, but with different 'desk eating' rules.

Previously, as long as nothing was too messy or noisy you could have what you like.

Currently, if it requires cutlery then you can't eat it at your desk.

My afternoon snack was a combination of soaked oats, yoghurt, chopped banana and stewed apple, as you can imagine this requires a spoon to eat. Other snack is cream cheese, melba toast and dates (it works, trust me)

Does anyone have a simple, cutlery free, snack, roughly 170/200 cal snack?

Replies

• enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    cheese and crackers or an apple and peanut butter
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I made myself homemade "cliff bars" to snack on like a meal. My other finger foods to eat at desk include nuts, cut up fruit, dried fruit, slices of pinwheels, veggies with peanut butter to dip, cheese, cut up pre-cooked meat
  • TheopolisAmbroiseIII
    Options
    frando wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Just started a new job, office based like my last one, but with different 'desk eating' rules.

Previously, as long as nothing was too messy or noisy you could have what you like.

My afternoon snack was a combination of soaked oats, yoghurt, chopped banana and stewed apple, as you can imagine this requires a spoon to eat. Other snack is cream cheese, melba toast and dates (it works, trust me)

Check your rules (union rules, if applicable). I'd be surprised if you didn't have two 15 minute breaks built into your day. Use those to go to the lunch room and eat whatever you like. No need to eat at your desk at all if you don't want to.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

Check your rules (union rules, if applicable). I'd be surprised if you didn't have two 15 minute breaks built into your day. Use those to go to the lunch room and eat whatever you like. No need to eat at your desk at all if you don't want to.

Plus, think of the extra steps you could get in...
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

crosbylee wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Plus, think of the extra steps you could get in...

My contract states an hour break, which I can break down how ever I like. I'm unsure if I want to break it as I may use it as a way to go for a walk before/after eating my lunch. It is my first day so just testing the water. I do like the peanut butter ideas :D
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    If you still want to eat yogurt, you could invest in some refillable squeeze pouches so that it doesn't require a spoon.

Other options: deli meat, cheese, crackers, pretzels, fruit, nuts
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    The refillable squeeze pouches are great. You can also fill them with puréed fruit.

Hard boiled eggs, cheese sticks, fruit, protein bars....
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

Animals can eat about anything without cutlery so I would study their habits. But keep in mind you have the opposable thumb.