Fitbit/pedometer help needed

Options
Last year, I did LOTS of walking for a seasonal job. It didn't help with weight because I would come home, eat a quick high calorie meal and head out for another walking job. Hmmmm. Anyway, I used several pedometers trying to measure my exercise. At one point, I put two pedometers on at one time and got totally different readings.

Right now I am biking and walking for exercise. Is there a pedometer that is accurate and doesn't cost a ton? I use GPS MotionX on my iPhone for measurement but it wears the battery down so fast it is not a great option.

I might get a fitbit for winter when bike riding is less of an option. It would be nice to have an accurate measurement for both biking and walking this summer/fall.

Replies

• heatherterp
    heatherterp Posts: 239
    Options
    I have a fit bit, but I do not wear it when I take classes (insanity, zumba) I also do not use it when I bike. I have a cat eye on my bike so I know the average mh I rode and put it in that way. I had an omron pedometer before the fitbit and when I used both the omron and fitbit they were about 50 - 100 steps different. I kept them in my pocket most of the time, but I started the omron in my bra. I love my fitbit, but less expensive option would be omron pedometer.
  • Crosbinium
    Crosbinium Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I have some fitbit friends who attach their fitbit to their shoe when they are cycling and get a burn via their fit bit that it pretty close to what they are getting from their polar HRM for the ride.