Zumba.. anyone have success with Zumba?

Options
I have recently decided to buy the Zumba Incredible Results because I used to be a dance teacher and be in great shape. However after getting married and starting a different job in a new town I have gained about 15 or so pounds. I know that I love dancing and that it made me lose quite a bit of weight before, I am just wondering if anyone else has tried this and liked it or had weight loss success. My gym also will start offering a Zumba class in October, but I was ready to start now and possibly do both since they only offer the class 2 days a week.

I have never tried Zumba before, I was a hip hop teacher so I will be totally new to Zumba.

Just hoping to hear some success stories or encouraging words about zumba!

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Any exercise you like and will do consistently is good. However, weight loss will come down to burning more calories than you consume, which is mostly done through diet, with exercise helping to burn more.
  • purpleteddy83
    purpleteddy83 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Zumba is the best workout I have ever tried, it's addicting & I've lost inches with it. I haven't calculated how much I really lost but I used to weigh 285 lbs now I'm down to 225lbs ^.^ so my goal is to loose another 80 lbs.
    How many inches I've lost is 26inches. I say doing Zumba with others help motivate u more, with dvd's I couldn't get myself to push, but the big difference is attending class was a big push.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    Love Zumba, full if life and fun.

I find it helps with flexibility, balance, and connecting with my core muscles.

However, to lose any weight counting calories is best. Zumba could give you a few extra calories to eat, but maintaining a consistent CI<CO is how one loses.

Cheers, h.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    It's fun. Didn't help me lose weight really.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I love zumba! Classes in person if you have a great teacher are so fun. Ive the zumba exhilerate and it sure does get you sweatin like a pig! If you are not sweatin with zumba you are doing it wrong:) you will love it too!
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    I usually do at least one class a week. It burns a ton of calories and is great fun. It's also a great ab and booty workout.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba class! Can't contribute it solely to weight loss as I like to do a lot of different exercises
  • clynns54
    clynns54 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to try Zumba too, probably just the DVD's as I don't have a gym membership. Good to hear some positive feedback.