Looking to lose 20 pounds by 2016

Options
Hi there,

I've been using MFP (this time around) for about a month. Things are going pretty well, but I'm having some trouble stay motivated. I have just over 20 pounds to lose and would love to be at my goal weight before the new year. I'd really appreciate some friends with similar goals to keep me chugging along and make sure I make my goal this time.

Ruby

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    That's almost 6lbs a month from today and about 1.5lbs per week. That's doable depending on how much you weigh now. Realize that's a 750 calorie deficit per day and if your TDEE is 1900 or less (with a mininum of 1200 calories per day) you're right at minimum. If your TDEE is 1600 (unlikely, but depends on current weight and activity), it's too aggressive of a goal. Not basing this on whether or not it's attainable, but rather to keep the loss to a healthy parameter.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I'd say stick with these message boards for support and advice - we are all in the same boat, which helps :]

Try not to focus on the 'amount' you feel you have to lose and instead take it one pound at a time. You've set yourself quite an aggressive goal - that is a lot to lose in a short space of time. Of course, it's achievable but be mindful of your mental well-being too, it isn't worth putting so much pressure on yourself for the sake of reaching a deadline you've set yourself.
  • kirstywillia
    kirstywillia Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I've made a goal of losing 20lbs by Christmas but I'm not worried if I don't meet it, so longs I'm going in the right direction I'm happy with that. Sent you a friend request hun :)
  • thebobogrind
    thebobogrind Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'd like to lose 20 lbs by my birthday in the beginning of January, that would be amazing- I weigh 243 right now so I think it can be done...

Go 20 go!!