Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Got peanut butter?
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Being under one day won't hurt you. Just like if you went over a little tomorrow, wouldn't hurt. Don't make this a common occurrence , but every so often won't hurt.

( I had surgery on my face and only ate 900 cals for three days . it didn't hurt my progress. I just made up for it by adding on some extra the next week. But if you did this all the time , yes it could be harmful. )
  • bhanvi
    bhanvi Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    This is a matter of personal opinion and everyone has their own. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with not coming in exactly on track. Under one day, over the next, so what. I watch my weeks and months to see how I'm doing.

I tried eating to numbers and it just didn't work. I'd be stuffing myself with food I didn't want on Monday and going to bed hungry on Thursday...because that's what the numbers required.

It all got easier when I started following my hunger. That's how I plan to eat when I'm done losing and weighing every bite of food, so it's best for me to practice that now,

Some people stick to the goal every single day and it works beautifully for them. Everyone is different!

Yes,I guess.I have recently been forcing myself to eat 1200 .I have just lost my appetite after I started controlling my portions.But today I couldn't force myself as I had a late lunch.I still had an Indian sweet (tiny sweet laddu-200cals) to fill up the quota a bit. XD

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    OP, one day under is no big deal, just like one day over is no big deal. But don't make it a habit, that's when it becomes a problem!

Look at it this way, you can bank those calories and have an extra treat over the weekend :drinker:
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    bhanvi wrote: »
    Kalikel wrote: »
    This is a matter of personal opinion and everyone has their own. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with not coming in exactly on track. Under one day, over the next, so what. I watch my weeks and months to see how I'm doing.

I tried eating to numbers and it just didn't work. I'd be stuffing myself with food I didn't want on Monday and going to bed hungry on Thursday...because that's what the numbers required.

It all got easier when I started following my hunger. That's how I plan to eat when I'm done losing and weighing every bite of food, so it's best for me to practice that now,

Some people stick to the goal every single day and it works beautifully for them. Everyone is different!

Yes,I guess.I have recently been forcing myself to eat 1200 .I have just lost my appetite after I started controlling my portions.But today I couldn't force myself as I had a late lunch.I still had an Indian sweet (tiny sweet laddu-200cals) to fill up the quota a bit. XD

You'll probably be hungrier and eat more tomorrow. You'll learn a lot about your body and your hunger if you pay attention as you go!

Don't sweat one day. :)
  • Venus_Red
    Venus_Red Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    cerise1982 wrote: »
    Nope. :)

Maybe have a little treat, or drink the rest of your calories...a hot chocolate or some milk?

UltimateRBF: That's precisely what someone suggested.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    cerise1982 wrote: »
    Nope. :)

Maybe have a little treat, or drink the rest of your calories...a hot chocolate or some milk?

UltimateRBF: That's precisely what someone suggested.

That's not what free-feeding is.
  • misterdale67
    misterdale67 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    That's a bit of an unfair question. A lot of people who begin reducing their portion size lose some appetite after a while. Sometimes it's temporary and sometimes it's permanent. You and OP both know exactly how people gain weight.
    [/quote]

This!
  • bhanvi
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    OP, one day under is no big deal, just like one day over is no big deal. But don't make it a habit, that's when it becomes a problem!

Look at it this way, you can bank those calories and have an extra treat over the weekend :drinker:

*_* Yesss....!! Thank you :)

• peggyasp
    peggyasp Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat it for just one day. I've done that, too. Some days you just don't want it. Just make sure you have a good breakfast with protein so that you don't get too hungry early tomorrow.
  • bhanvi
    Options
    peggyasp wrote: »
    Don't sweat it for just one day. I've done that, too. Some days you just don't want it. Just make sure you have a good breakfast with protein so that you don't get too hungry early tomorrow.
    Thanksss :) I did.